Is my PSU enough for VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijaz

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hey guyz

I had a 500 watt powersupply that blew for some reason..

And now im using my VGA hd 4850 sapphire 512mb with a 4 pin to 6 pin pci converter and a 450 watts powersupply that came stock with my casing..

It works well even the vga

Is there a problem with this??

Will there be reduction of performance or anything

Please help...

Solution
I wouldn't trust a PSU that came bundled with a case as they tend do be of poor quality. I always recommend that people invest in a good quality PSU to prevent it from breaking and potentially damaging other components in your PC.

Do you know the make and model of the 450W PSU?

The fact that you have to use a molex to 6 pin adapter tells us that the PSU was not designed to run a graphics card like the HD4850.
I wouldn't trust a PSU that came bundled with a case as they tend do be of poor quality. I always recommend that people invest in a good quality PSU to prevent it from breaking and potentially damaging other components in your PC.

Do you know the make and model of the 450W PSU?

The fact that you have to use a molex to 6 pin adapter tells us that the PSU was not designed to run a graphics card like the HD4850.

Solution
Its a LinkWorld Lpe2-23 and all I can find out about it is its not very reliable (according to google results)

Personally I would replace it ASAP, A PSU is the most important component in your PC, don't skimp on it.
My recommendation would be to get a 500W PSU from a well known quality manufacturer like Antec, Corsair, PC power and Cooling, Zalman or Enermax

Here's a very good PSU for the money: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-034-CS&tool=5

Status
Not open for further replies.