Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New host and question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:59:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

March 1st, 2005

What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.189

Fixed: Labor camps over producing credits

Fixed: Labor mines over producing credits

Changed: Colonists in pods have more importance when calculating your number
of resource points. They are now worth about
40% what colonists in a base are worth.

___________________________________________

Are RPs calculated before new objects are created or after?

GFM GToeroe

More about : host question

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:59:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Resource Points are calculated before the TRN's are even opened.

Tim
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 8:13:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

That's why they are always 'one turn behind'.
Trouble if you don't know it.

Lordfire

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1109777608.791868.193100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Resource Points are calculated before the TRN's are even opened.
>
> Tim
>
Related resources
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:54:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

But that's ok.

As I understand Tim's statement the host calculates the RPs based on the
objects and colonist distribution at the end of the last host run which is
the situtation at the start of the actual host run. So before new objects
are created the RPs have to be available.

I have an game where actually all my lovely RCS poeple are in pods on their
way to my exil. So I was not able to build any new objects. But now as
colonist in pod count something there is a chance for new objects, right?

GFM GToeroe


"Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38m71oF5pq71cU1@uni-berlin.de...
> That's why they are always 'one turn behind'.
> Trouble if you don't know it.
>
> Lordfire
>
> "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1109777608.791868.193100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > Resource Points are calculated before the TRN's are even opened.
> >
> > Tim
> >
>
>
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:44:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Problem is this:

Supposed you are playing at the RP limit.
You think if you can pod these few colonists off and at the same time build
a few new ships.
You look at the RP report and see that you have 10 RP left.

IMHO: This should, if anyhow possible, be the number that you really have
left. Or, if impossible it should be as accurate as possible.

Why not calculate the RP at the end of the turn and safe this number so at
the beginning of the host run of the next turn host doesn't have to
calculate it again.

If need be it could be calculated twice - once for the host and once for the
player.

Lordfire

"Gabor Törö" <gfmgt@arcor.de> wrote in message
news:D 0525e$m9c$01$1@news.t-online.com...
> But that's ok.
>
> As I understand Tim's statement the host calculates the RPs based on the
> objects and colonist distribution at the end of the last host run which is
> the situtation at the start of the actual host run. So before new objects
> are created the RPs have to be available.
>
> I have an game where actually all my lovely RCS poeple are in pods on
> their
> way to my exil. So I was not able to build any new objects. But now as
> colonist in pod count something there is a chance for new objects, right?
>
> GFM GToeroe
>
>
> "Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:38m71oF5pq71cU1@uni-berlin.de...
>> That's why they are always 'one turn behind'.
>> Trouble if you don't know it.
>>
>> Lordfire
>>
>> "cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1109777608.791868.193100@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> > Resource Points are calculated before the TRN's are even opened.
>> >
>> > Tim
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:24:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

"Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38mjdeF5ripisU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Problem is this:


> Why not calculate the RP at the end of the turn and safe this number so at
> the beginning of the host run of the next turn host doesn't have to
> calculate it again.

Ok, this seems better.

GFM GToeroe
March 5, 2005 5:21:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Has anyone taken a look at any ally ships with the new host? I see
weapons and crew and guests, all sorts of new things.

Gabor Törö wrote:
> "Lordfire" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:38mjdeF5ripisU1@uni-berlin.de...
> > Problem is this:
>
>
> > Why not calculate the RP at the end of the turn and safe this
number so at
> > the beginning of the host run of the next turn host doesn't have to
> > calculate it again.
>
> Ok, this seems better.
>
> GFM GToeroe
!