Solved

AMD PHENOM X6 1100T OR INTEL CORE I7 960

Hello,
I WANT TO BUILD A PC FOR GAMING PURPOSE SO DATS Y I NEED TO KNOW FOR WHICH PROCESSOR I MUST GO EITHER AMD PHENOM 2 X6 1100T BLACK EDITION OR INTEL CORE I7 960
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom 1100t intel core
  1. GO WITH THE INTEL I5-2500K ITS BESSST FOR GAMING!!!!!! WHY ARE WE YELLING?
  2. is it better dan core i7 960
  3. Hmmm not only are you yelling but you also seem to have some problems with your spelling dear chap ? But to answer your question the Intel I5 2500K is presently the best gaming CPU money can buy. Even if i do personaly have an AMD 1090t Ocd to 4ghz on air, only because o got the AMD CPU for free tho, and yes ot serves me very well indeed.
  4. which processor is best for gaming in intel core family except core i7 980x
  5. +1 i5-2500. Runs circles around the competition, while using less power.

If you plan on overclocking then go for the i5-2500k, which we recommend due to the CPU's massive OC headroom.
  6. core i7 2600k is better then core i5 2500k na
    my budget is Rs 35000 /-
    and i want to buy
    1)processor
    2)ram
    3)motherboard
    4)psu
    is this budget sufficient or should i increase my budget
  7. IMHO 2500k is better for gaming. The additional HT doesn't do anything for you in a gaming environment, but it adds additional heat if you use it. If you are looking for this build solely for gaming I would say save the extra $$ and go with a 2500k.
  8. Best answer
    Like we have all been saying, 2500>2600 in gaming, especially for the price. Very few games will benefit from HT, and the benefit will be small.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20

Notice in some games the 2500k out-performs the 2600k, even with the lower clock speed.

Save the money and put that somewhere else considering you're on a limited budget.
  9. its true that in games the 2500 is a better deal than the 2600. but if you do video encoding and i mean a lot of it the 2600 is well worth the extra.
  10. ok dude i'll go for i5 2500k and now i'm currently having sapphire radeon hd 5770 should crossfire it or go for another graphic
  11. Dost. Tum gaming karna chahtay ho aur budget mein graphics card nahi rakha ?

If you already have a decent card, then you may get those things in 35k, BUT if not, then you may want to increase your budget or opt for a core i3.

My friend just purchased this from CZONE ( www.czone.com.pk )NIPA Karachi for 37k :
    Core i3 2100
    DH61WW
    4 GB Kingston ( 1x4 )
    XFX 5770
    Legend Casing + 450 Watt PSU.

It's been a week, and 5770 is running fine on that PSU. Legend PSU are not that bad.

You may also try the Regal Electronics Market in Saddar ( if you are in Karachi ). I heard that it's cheaper.

Aur haan. CAPS LOCK mein nahi likhna chahiye.
  12. Best answer selected by DiSTRoBOY.
  13. General_Terror said:
    Dost. Tum gaming karna chahtay ho aur budget mein graphics card nahi rakha ?

If you already have a decent card, then you may get those things in 35k, BUT if not, then you may want to increase your budget or opt for a core i3.

My friend just purchased this from CZONE ( www.czone.com.pk )NIPA Karachi for 37k :
    Core i3 2100
    DH61WW
    4 GB Kingston ( 1x4 )
    XFX 5770
    Legend Casing + 450 Watt PSU.

It's been a week, and 5770 is running fine on that PSU. Legend PSU are not that bad.

You may also try the Regal Electronics Market in Saddar ( if you are in Karachi ). I heard that it's cheaper.

Aur haan. CAPS LOCK mein nahi likhna chahiye.

dude i'm having graphic card i have sapphire radeon hd 5770
    i only want
    processor
    ram
    psu
    motherboard
  14. nope no graphic i have a sapphire radeon hd 5770 graphic card
    i just want
    processor
    psu
    mobo
    ram

budget can be raised to 40k
  15. i5 2500k overclock to 4.3 ghz beats the i7 990x and the i7 980x
  16. ok bro then which cooler is best for overclocking and also i'm thinking about crossfire which mid-range board will be sufficient
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom Intel i7 AMD Intel