Needing a new Power Supply

Hello,
I currently have a ASRock N68C-S Motherboard and I want to get a new Power Supply so I will be able to support a better graphics card. Any ideas on what power supply I should get?
6 answers Last reply
More about needing power supply
  1. What card do you have in mind? That determines how much wattage you need.
  2. I'm not really sure what graphics card to get yet. The one I have now is A NVIDA Geforce 9500 GT. The most money I'll pay for a graphics card is about $300.
  3. I've been looking at some graphic cards recently, and I found one I really like. It's a XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB.
    If I were to get this graphics card, what Power Supply would I need?
  4. If you buy one in that class of GPUs and don't forsee Xfire/SLI then 650W should do. If you plan on multi GFX cards then get 850W +.

You could get by on less, but PSUs are best when they run at 60%-80%.
  5. Go with Corsair, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic or another good OEM: crap will kill your components.
  6. The ASRock N68C-S will only do one PCIe card. To be honest even though I like that board, you may want to think about a board upgrade before laying down the cash on a 6950. At the very least make sure that the board will support that card. I have read posts about it being persnickety concerning the top of the line cards.

As far as the PSU goes, go the Rosewell Capstone line is a good deal on newegg right now with 450, 550, 650, and 750 choices.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Power Supplies Graphics Cards Motherboards