SupremeFX II causes computer to freeze in some games

Gadzy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The supremeFX II card which came with my Asus P5E motherboard has been causing game to freeze up. The three games I have had this experience with so far are Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and the APB beta. 3d sound intensive games, I figured.

When I disable my sound cards in the bios, the games will run without problems. With the sound card enabled, a few minutes before locking up. This is an aging computer and I have been playing all these games without problems on the computer plenty times before.

I have updated my sound drivers, my graphics drivers and BIOS to the latest versions. I've run out of ideas. I'm hoping that there is a wizard out there, who can help.. :??:

Gadzy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The forum did not allow me to edit my message, but I forgot to add..
By newest driver I am talking about the one available on asus' website. I have read that there is a newer one, which was not made for the P5E. I was unable to find it.

Gadzy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Solved the problem ...

... By getting a new sound card.

I'm not sure whether it was software or hardware related, but what the heck.

digitrich

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same motherboard, soundcard and games, and also with the new battlefield 3 game.
I will buy a new soundcard to, so could you let me know what card you bought and how it runs with the games you have? Also, did you remove the original soundcard, the SupremeFX II from your motherboard after installing the new one?

Many thanks!