Can Anyone help my identify this part?

slack01

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

Well the large one, the 404 v150 fried and my moms a solderer for 25 years. So if I can find a replacement part I can repair it. It's a graphics card. Pretty sure it's a nividia 6800 ultra that bounced around in the back of my friends trunk. It's fried b/c it had lost a resistor and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and plugged in to two power supply's to it thinking it didn't have enough power and blew that part. I didn't realize the 1st supply was still plugged in fyi. My mom has done some test on it and she says that the rest of the board is fine and she can't find any cracks is the soldering that there. So If you know of any sites I could search through to find and order the 404 one I'd be a static. Thank you.

I would guess that it is a type of high current Shockley diode (confirm the polarity by measuring the other devices). I imagine that it supplies the power to the graphics chip. I don’t think that replacing it will make your card work as probably your graphics chip is faulty.

Edit. Looking at the picture again I changed my mind as to the device type I now think that it is an inductor use a ohm meter to confirm. I still don’t think that replacing it will cure the fault.