Incombatible RAM?

luckyno21

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hello All

I have just built my first gaming PC. I followed a detailed 2 hour online video and had no problems building it. After i finished i connected it up to a monitor and turned it on.

When i put it on the LED's on the motherboard came on fine, the PSU, CPU & Graphics Card fans started up and i could hear the hard drive run and the optical drive is working to, but there is no video display coming on the monitor at all.
I plugged in a different monitor and had the same problem, no video display of any type, just blank :(

After sitting down for hours trying to work out the problem i noticed my RAM ( Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Module Kit ) isn't on my Motherboards compatibility list ( M5A88-M EVO ).

Could this be the Problem? any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers all

kezzik

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I am having the same issue, and I RMA'd my CPU and motherboard in and I get new ones and having same issue. The monitor just will not connect with the graphics card, its saying the HDMI cable and DVI cable are not connected.

luckyno21

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Yeh its a nightmare, Thing is i'm not even getting any error messages, its just a totally blank screen, the RAM is the only issue i can think of that it could be but I'm green when it comes to PC's but learning bit by bit :)

kezzik

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
well im not sure what mobo you have but I have an ASrock and I just checked the site for myself and it turns out my memory isn't even compatible.. you'd think they'd let that *** be more out in the open now I gotta buy more RAM I guess.

luckyno21

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
doesn't mean its the problem, sometimes they just don't add all of the compatible RAM on the list. have you followed the troubleshooting thread at the top of the "new built" forum, some1 has just pointed it out to me and could be useful for you.