ASUS SupremeFX Sound Card Question

dcjustinian

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Hi, I have an old SupremeFX PCI-e x1 card and was wondering if it is possible to add the card into my new build. I will be using the ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 as my mobo. I know it has onboard audio but my case has an audio and mic jack on the front and I have no way of connecting it to the mobo.

The second question is, if i can use it, where can i get the SupremeFX drivers? I have looked at the ASUS website but I cant seem to find them...

Thanks!

Solution
I totally understand what you are asking.
Yes your mobo does have a FP audio header it's at the bottom left hand corner(black)
it's HD only though if want want the full onboard audio features.
I know the gist of your thread is to get the soundcard installed.
Simple go to ASUS and enter the mobo the Supreme FX came from which is obviously a ROG board.
Download the drivers.

dcjustinian

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

The case has a FP audio connection with a female HD and ac97 connector. My mobo/onboard audio has no port to plug the HD audio into though... The SupremeFX card has an HD male port on it so I could plug the FP audio to that.

Hope that helps, here is a pic of the sound card btw: http://www.motherboards.org/images/reviews/motherboards/1706_p5_9.jpg

I totally understand what you are asking.
Yes your mobo does have a FP audio header it's at the bottom left hand corner(black)
it's HD only though if want want the full onboard audio features.
I know the gist of your thread is to get the soundcard installed.
Simple go to ASUS and enter the mobo the Supreme FX came from which is obviously a ROG board.
Download the drivers.

Solution