Nov 22, 2010
is hd 5670 poor at video quality?

i have about 2gb avi movie.
my hd tv runs the movie poor than laptop screen quality

i'm using hdmi cable
1080p lg hdtv

thank you so much

Solution
Uhm, there is some misunderstanding about the "HD" world.

The gpu does almost nothing when playing blue-rays, if it did, well, would blue-rays players be sold for less than 60€/$?

Is more about the CPU rather than the GPU.

If you don't like the quality of HDMI/DVI-RGB, well, just go with the one you like. Or otherwise, tweak your video player settings.

There was too much talk about HDMI being superior quality over analog and stuff, but in reality, if you really want real HD, the one thing you want, is a real 2000 static contrast LCD.

I have had analog 2000static contrast monitors (which are more expensive than LCD these days, that have "50,000" and more dynamic contrast, of which you can see if you look closely, that those LCD's...

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
What do you mean poorly? IS the video skipping and stuttering? The 5670 should eat 1080p alive unless you have a terrible cpu.

I know the 5xxx series off loads the video processing work from the cpu but I don't know if it take off ALL the load or just some of it. If it off loads only some and the cpu has to do some of the work then it could be choppy if you have a weak cpu. What cpu do you have?

Now if you mean the resolution is not high then it may be that you don't have windows set to out put at HD resolution on your tv. You might have to right click on the desktop and select "personalize" and select an HD resolution.

Fivlemon

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
i have amd athlon II x3 445 rana cpu
my resolution is set to 1080p hd.

video is not skipping nor stuttering.
just the graphic quality is poor than my laptop screen
my eyes are not happy

Fivlemon

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
bump
i tried to connect with DVI via RGB, and that's much better than hdmi.
i don't understand this. and i want to use audio so hdmi would be better for my situation, but hdmi shows worse quality than dvi and rgb.
btw, my tv is lg 40lh30

kiban

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Uhm, there is some misunderstanding about the "HD" world.

The gpu does almost nothing when playing blue-rays, if it did, well, would blue-rays players be sold for less than 60€/$?

Is more about the CPU rather than the GPU.

If you don't like the quality of HDMI/DVI-RGB, well, just go with the one you like. Or otherwise, tweak your video player settings.

There was too much talk about HDMI being superior quality over analog and stuff, but in reality, if you really want real HD, the one thing you want, is a real 2000 static contrast LCD.

I have had analog 2000static contrast monitors (which are more expensive than LCD these days, that have "50,000" and more dynamic contrast, of which you can see if you look closely, that those LCD's have 1000 static contrast written somewhere a bit hidden) and they where superior in every way. So HDMI is just a marketing tool if you ask me, or well, if you buy a 51 inch monitor it may do a big difference.

Some said, HDMI makes the image brighter and that's it, some say other things. But don't let it fool you, if with RGB looks better, then stay with that.

And HDMI for sound?, you wont notice any difference I tell you, just plug the old fashion way.

PPl need to realize, this words are just marketing tools, there is no relevant performance from the use of it (aside from that what we want to believe).

Solution

Bumping your thread may well result in it's closure. :non:

Don't...

* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

Source.

Status
Not open for further replies.