BIG PROBLEM PLZ HELP!

twol33t4u

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
hi everyone. i just gotz a n3w rig today but i'm having a problem, but before i get to that here's its specs.
EVGA SR-2
EVGA 580x4(SLi)
42gb of corsair dominators gts
3 SSDs from A-DATA
Diablotek 280w powersupply
dvd drive
fully watercooled in a 800d
I spent all of this money on this rig and it blew up.

This is what happened. I had 20 bucks left and still needed a power supply so i picked up this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822006&cm_re=diablotek-_-17-822-006-_-Product a diablotek

and my friend told me they were better than corsair or seasonic so i got it. it didn't have enough connectors for my video cards and stuff so i took a loan out for a corsair 1000w modual power supply and got the solding iron out and started to solder the modular cables to the diablotek 24pin connector.

I drank a beer after i was done, and hooked my beast diablotek-frankinstine power supply up and everything. i hit the power switch and what do you know the thing blows up. I think corsair is here to blame being the lack of quailty of their calbes. beaware of their calbes!!!

Hello, and welcome to THG.

That PSU is krap. It is not Corsair or anyone else fault except the PSU. I understand you were in a position with the lack of funds, but seriously, your friend told you THAT PSU was better than its competitors? Guess again.

I am sorry your rig was damaged. Maybe next time go with Corsair or Cooler master PSU.

j0K3rsa

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I agree with dogman. Even if you ARE a good solderer, it wont necessarily mean its Corsair's fault. Everybody makes mistakes, and unfortunately, they will not take the blame if the whole rig is not standard...

wow!!!! i guess some peeps cant see a wind up...

seriously who in there rite mind would buy a 1000w psu then instead of connecting that to the pc. instead use the cables uct the ends off to solder them on to a 250watt psu and wonder why it blew up.... either the pw is an idiot or a comedy genius...

i have to go with the latter coz its too funny to be true...

well done pw... you gott em good style :lol: