Solved

My CPU suddenly Shutdowns

My Computer Suddenly Shutdowns without any warning (Like you unplug the cable) it suddenly turns off my unit while Playing Latest games Such as Crysis 2, Mass Effect 2 and Mafia 2. but when I'm just using it for watching videos or just browsing on the internet for many hours it is just fine...

My guess is my PSU can't give enough power to the computer or my computer just overheats while playing that's why it shutdowns randomly while playing..

Any suggestion guys? I'm planning to buy a new PSU a branded one cause im only using generic PSU but I am not sure if that's really the problem

Here is my Specs

Operating System is Window 7 Ultimate 64bit

Processor- AMD athlon(tm) II x2 250 Processor 3.0 Ghz

Motherboard-Emmax EMX- MCP61P AVL

GPU - Palit GTX 550 ti Sonic(GDDR5 1024mb) 192bit

Memory- 2x2 DDR2 800 4096MB Apacer

HDD - 500Gb Seagate sata

1 DVD/CD rom sata LightScribe

PSU - Techwill Model P4-600W(generic)

Any Suggestions about my problem? thanks :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suddenly shutdowns
  1. Best answer
    I would guess that the power supply is causing this as it's a generic and one I've never even heard of...lol
    I would suggest a brand such as corsair, pcp&c, seasonic, enermax.
    The proof is when you are doing light stuff such as surfing the net and simple text operations..It's when you start driving that gtx 550 that's when the psu needs to be good!!!!
    A good psu will be your solution..remember you system is only as good as the weakest component!!
    JQ
  2. Thanks for answering johnnyq1233 :) about my power supply it only cost around 15$ or so.. They say it's generic because its cheap... lol and from now on i will always remember your quote "your system is only as good as the weakest component!!" thanks again..
  3. going by my past experience an instant off is often cause by bad ram. but a power spike through a cheap psu can be just as effective at causing an instant off. but normally that will cause other component damage 2, as cheaper psu's will inevitably be lacking protection circuits.

the psu is the 1 part you dont really want to scrimp and save on. if you must tighten your budget then buy cheaper ram or a smaller hdd
  4. @ HEXiT Oh. i see.. thanks HeXit i will keep that in mind.. By the way forget to mentioned that before i switch to GTX550 my previous card is GT220 with the same ram and all the components i have now, I don't experience any instant off while using GT220 no matter how long i use it or what game I'm playing.. Does it mean that i should really buy a new expensive PSU?
  5. Yes, and no, a decent PSu for your rig does not have to be expensive,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171036

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

$79
  6. thanks for giving the link.. gonna buy new PSU asap and hope to solves my problem :)
  7. Best answer selected by eyveec.
  8. Hope you got something like an Antec Earthwatts instead; at least as efficient and consistently good competent technical reviews, vs. Coolermaster's mixed bag of reviews identifying many of their PSUs as overrated junk.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Components Product