Sign in with
Your question

Second Build

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2011 11:24:33 PM

I am looking to build a new PC for home use. I went to Newegg to look at cases and got lost with all of the choices.

First I am looking to build a good all around PC that I will use mainly to listen to music, watch video's, surf the net, photoshop pics, etc.

I will only be using one monitor which I plan to purchase after this build.

I want excellent audio.

I want to stream wireless to TV.

I want to stay under $800 not including the Monitor.

I do not need a fancy case, just one with good cooling.

Not worried about over clocking, but then again if it's not much more money....

Right now I am just looking for a good starting point. I am going to buy the case and power supply first then I will make the CPU/MB decision.

So which mid size case should I buy for the best value.

Any and all Ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Mike

More about : build

January 29, 2011 2:24:22 AM

Thanks, Joel
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2011 3:17:34 AM

welcome
m
l
February 25, 2011 1:20:11 AM

Ok so far I have gone ahead and purchased the items I was comfortable with. I am now ready to decide which items I need next and this is where I need the help.

I can't decide on AMD or Intel. I would like to get a MB with on board video now to keep the cost down, and then slip one medium to high end video card in later, under the radar of my wife.
There are just so many choices of MB's I not sure which one to order. I would like the option of purchasing a cheaper CPU and then buy the higher end CPU in a month or so for the same reason as above.

I will be purchasing the memory next week and the MB and CPU in about 2 to 3 weeks from now.

Here is what I have bought so far. I hope I have made good choices.

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower ...

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB

I also am reusing a new DVD burner I purchased about a month ago and to recap I am sticking with my current monitor, keyboard etc. for now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Mike

m
l
!