Ethernet Plugin Not Working

hunterrrrr

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hi guys, I just completed my first build. Everything went exceptionally smooth, but now when I try to access the internet off of my new computer, I can't. I've plugged in the Ethernet cable, and it just doesn't work on my new computer. The light will come on, indicating I have something plugged in there, but I still never connect to the internet. I know the ethernet cable works, because I'm using it on this computer to access the internet right now!

As I said, this is my first build, so did I miss something? Did I not plug something in correctly? Some simple problem for you guys, I might not have noticed. Please, any help is appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, I accidentaly reinstalled Windows 7, but it still didn't work.

Motherboard: Asus M4A88

noahscorp

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Turn your router off at the wall, with your PC on/off, doesnt matter and wait a little while, if your use a wireless routher or anything else to do with your internet turn it all off then back on :)
If this doesnt work, make sure you have your drivers installed from your disk that you get with your mobo