Poor Reception inside my home

My problem is a little different. I live in a "marginal" coverage area with
poor reception inside my home. I have found the answer to my particular
problem by installing a device called "Wireless Extender" in my home. I was
skeptical at first but went ahead, bought and then installed this device and
I now get great reception throughout my entire house. It is not cheap but I
would recommend it highly (especially since they have a 15 day return policy
if it doesn't work.)

The Wireless Extender consists of a high gain antenna which I mounted on the
highest point of my roof. I then ran coax inside to a small box which has a
small omni directional antenna attached. The box is then plugged into 110
volts and immediately my signal strength increased greatly.

Instead of comparing the number of bars showing, I went into the phone and
checked the signal strength measured in dBm. Before I installed the
Wireless Extender, I had signals of -90dBm to as bad as -256dBm (the higher
the negative number, the worse the signal streangth is.) Since I installed
the unit my signal goes from -56dbm to about -100 dBm with an average
signal strength of about -80dBm. That is good enough in anybody's business.
One other thing, this device works only in the 1900 mh band.

I have never before recommended anything in a news group but I feel very
strongly about this product. It really is very easy to install. If
interested, their website is www.wirelessextenders.com , ask about a return
policy in case it doesn't work for you. I feel that it will work just like
it did for me but I don't want to be responsible if it doesn't. The company
can be reached at 800-871-1612.

Bruce D. Brown

That's a decent price, and yes, these products really do work. Wilson
Electronics & a few other manufacturers offer something similar called a
repeater.

What I have is a product similar to this, by Inteligain, for both the
800-850 MHz & 1900 MHz signals, but it does not broadcast the boosted signal
through an internal broadcasting antenna, but instead runs the boosted
signal through a cable to the external antenna input on my Nokia
6340i....makes a huge difference in fringe areas or areas where there are
dropped calls. It's portable, so it's easy to use both in the car & in the
house.

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> My problem is a little different. I live in a "marginal" coverage area
> with poor reception inside my home. I have found the answer to my
> particular problem by installing a device called "Wireless Extender" in my
> home. I was skeptical at first but went ahead, bought and then installed
> this device and I now get great reception throughout my entire house. It
> is not cheap but I would recommend it highly (especially since they have a
> 15 day return policy if it doesn't work.)
>
> The Wireless Extender consists of a high gain antenna which I mounted on
> the highest point of my roof. I then ran coax inside to a small box which
> has a small omni directional antenna attached. The box is then plugged
> into 110 volts and immediately my signal strength increased greatly.
>
> Instead of comparing the number of bars showing, I went into the phone and
> checked the signal strength measured in dBm. Before I installed the
> Wireless Extender, I had signals of -90dBm to as bad as -256dBm (the
> higher the negative number, the worse the signal streangth is.) Since I
> installed the unit my signal goes from -56dbm to about -100 dBm with an
> average signal strength of about -80dBm. That is good enough in anybody's
> business. One other thing, this device works only in the 1900 mh band.
>
> I have never before recommended anything in a news group but I feel very
> strongly about this product. It really is very easy to install. If
> interested, their website is www.wirelessextenders.com , ask about a
> return policy in case it doesn't work for you. I feel that it will work
> just like it did for me but I don't want to be responsible if it doesn't.
> The company can be reached at 800-871-1612.
>
> Bruce D. Brown

I looked at the other products, and they were much more expensive but the
selling point in this system is that it has an antenna inside the house and
I didn't have to be tethered to a length of coax attached to my phone.
Besides my new phone, the BlackBerry 7100 does not have an external antenna
connection.

Bruce D. Brown