Need help Raid set up on Biostar TA990FXE

BrokenRT

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
I have a new Biostar TA 990FXE board that I have just got done doing a new build with. In the past on my other builds with ASUS and Gigabyte boards the RAID arraty was easy to set up in the bios. I would just set boot order and then set to RAID 1 (mirror) and be done with things once my windows was installed. On this board I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to get t such option. I was told to "enable" the RAID under the South Bridge option in the bios and save. I did just that. My options were Normal IDE, RAID, ACHI, and Legacy IDE. After reboot I still did not get another option to set up RAID. I then called Biostar and was talked to like I'm an idiot and should know all of this. The tech told me after I "Enable RAID" I need to reboot and hit "CTR S" during start and this was a "AMD thing" and this would take me to RAID array config. I did this and after it started to "scan drives" it came up with a very vague messages saying "Waring something wrong with hardware". I then tried to reboot into the bios but it would only run the "drive scan" upon every restart after resulting in same message after a few minutes. I flashed the bios and tried all of it again with same results. The "ctrl S" just comes up with warning message and then I can't get back to bios set up or boot set up ect unless I flash it.

After reading a few things on here I'm left confused. Some people say to do "CTRL I" to get to RAID set up and others say to do F1 but nothing says to do "CTRL S" as I did per tech at Biostar.

I'm left clueless on what to do at this point. I will take any help I can get!

set up of new build if it helps:
Biostar TA990FXE -mother board
AMD FX4100 -CPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL -RAM
EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti Fermi 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI - VGA
HD 1 is a: HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
HD 2 is a: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner
Thermaltake CLP0554 80mm Sleeve -CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Storm Scout -Case
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W- Power Supply

ernst0

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012