Closed Solved

Can you upgrade from integrated video cards?

I bought an Acer Aspire 5741a a while ago. It has a 2.26GHz Intel i3-350M processor, which is good, but it has integrated graphics and video (Intel HD Graphics), which is bad. I'm wondering whether I can upgrade it to a graphics card, preferably NVidia, not ATI. Can you find out: can my laptop support a dedicated card, what options there are, how much I'd be paying and can I play Call of Duty MW2 on that GPU? I know this is a big ask,but I'd really like to know!
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade integrated video cards
  1. No you can't upgrade/add a dedicated card on your laptop, you are stuck with your current onboard graphic, sorry buddy...
  2. Thanks bit annoyed oh well again thanks
  3. Best answer
    Most laptops aren't designed to upgrade, your laptop is one of them.
    Your choice is stay with your current laptop or buy a new one with higher spec.
  4. Or build a new Desktop. That's probably going to be the best way to go unless you need the portability of a laptop.
  5. Firestar said:
    Or build a new Desktop. That's probably going to be the best way to go unless you need the portability of a laptop.

Need the laptop mate. I'm a student. Need 2 be able to take it with me. Good suggestion though.
  6. Best answer selected by BorderCollie.
  7. ACTUALLY,

There are a few laptops out there that have an MXM card slot on them whereby you CAN buy a graphics card for the system. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer though, can be tricky to figure out which ones are compatible, and can be more expensive than buying a new laptop. I'd do some googling on MXM interfaces and see what turns up for your model.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics