[Solved] RED CPU Light

hektorthegreat

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Recently i bought new parts to build my own computer as a first timer and everything seemed to be going smoothly until the power up.I plugged my PSU in as the last step, flipped the PSU switch and hit the power button on my motherboard and got power on all my case fans and the leds on my mobo light up. The problem that im having is that my video card seems to be receiving no power, none of the fans on the GPU spin and im receiving no signal to my monitor.

I then unplugged everything leaving only the cpu/cpu fan/ and the power supply connected to the mobo. After a second of being turned on, the whole thing shuts down and starts up automatically only to stay on until i disconnect the power supply.

What did i do wrong? Could i have gotten a defective GPU/Mobo/CPU?

Any other recommendations would be seriously welcomed.

ps. non of the cpu pins seem to be missaligned, doubtful static affected anything, working on wooden table with wooden floor and grounded myself before i start. And last thing, manual is not clear, thats why im here ;p.

Comp. Parts:

GIGABYTE GV-R695OC-1GD Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Acer G235HAbd 23'' 5ms 1920x1080 WideScreen LCD monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52500
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Corsair Enthusiast 750w

fixed: Like a noob, everything was connected but the second power supply cable to the motherboard, the 8 pin.

acealucard

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
you flipped a switch on your power supply? I didnt have to hit the switch on my psu
im not certain but i think that has something to do with voltage, after you put everything together you should only have to press the power button on your case and hope for 1 beep

some psu have a on off switch on them with 0 and 1 on them for on and off

you mean the little red switch for voltage

most modern psu dont even have that the psu sets the voltage automatically