Low fps and lag on HD 5750

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Hello,
I have recently upgraded my cpu components, I use a MSI mobo, an AMD processor, 2gb of RAM, 500gb HDD and an ATI hd 5750. I'm not getting the desired fps on games like assassins creed 2 & other heavy games, the game specifically assassin's creed 2 freezes for about half a second for a few times in the beginning specially, following are my specs:-
Mobo: MSI 740GM-P25
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 ghz
RAM: Kingston 2GB
HDD: 500GB
GPU: MSI R5750 MD1G
PSU: Cooler Master 400W

The games run fine but I'm concerned about the low fps specially when there are too many objects in the frame and the momentary freezing, I live in India and have spent over 20k bucks (500 US $ approx.) on this rig. Is it the procssor or the PSU which has only 16a on both 12v rails or do I need more RAM or is it the GPU which I am sure is enough powerful to run these kind of games btw. I'm annoyed and confused, please help..SOS!!!! :cry:

gtxfan

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
5750s are not desgined for gaming.i wouldn't say that his processor is a bottleneck because the card is also only that much powerful.You would need to upgrade to a good processor and a good gpu

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Thanks to all for the response, specially to dipankar and gtxfan....
Though i knew my card is midrange and was released more than a year ago, so i'm not expecting much from it for the new games, i can compromise on fps but what about the freezing even on older games like COD 4 which used to run fine on my nvidia 8500 gt & thats not even close to 5750.
The min. requirements state a 450W PSU on the GPU's packaging while mine is 400W and has not even 30a on the 12v rail (only 16a), I have heard 30a is desirable for the GPU's power requirements, could that be the problem? Also my OS is win 7 64 bit which has a minimum standard of 4 gb RAM according to some. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and FYI i'm a new bee so excuse me if i said something silly..:)

notty22

Distinguished
With only 2gb of ram, you could easily be swapping in and out of your page file while gaming. So you have to make sure your web browser and other programs are closed when you start gaming. Also I would check compatibility mode on shortcuts and disable desktop composition on your game short cuts.
Then try o/c your cpu even a little bit, same with your gpu. 10% on both might bring up those min fps.

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I usually prefer lowest resolution, 640x480 or 800x600 but with AA settings on and given the problem i'm facing i have no other choice, I've checked all over, seen videos on YouTube running same games on a 5750 with smooth performance even though its a midrange card. I'll add another 2gb of RAM soon enough though i doubt that would really help. Anyway thanks for paying attention to my problem mate..Bon Jour :D

lucifer_9mm

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I am gonna upgrade my RAM soon and though I'm not an expert in overclocking but I'll try it after i make the upgrades. Thanks pal : )