Status
Not open for further replies.

animal

Distinguished
Hi all, am wondering if these temps look normal. So far I have only breadboarded the basic set-up listed below out of case:

motherboard - AsRock Extreme4
cpu - i7 2600k
memory - 4GB Crucial DDR3 1600 Smart Tracer (2 x 2 GB modules)
GPU - Asus GTX570 DirectCUII
PSU - Antec SG850 850 watt
Aftermarket HSF - Prolimatech Genesis w/2 x 140mm Vortex fans

In the AsRock UEFI, it shows the following temps (just running in BIOS)

SPEED Temp (C)
3.4 GHz 45-47

4.2 GHz 53-55

4.4 GHz 54-56

4.6 GHz 56-58

4.8 GHz 58-60

My question is, do these look normal? They seem a bit high to me, but i am unsure. I've read that temps tend to run higher when in BIOS, but want to make sure before I move the system into my case. Also I used Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound, but it's about a year old. My HSF seems to be fully seated. Thank you for any and all assistance, it is much appreciated!

Solution
Temps will be higher in the BIOS. This is normal.

The CPU cannot enter low-power idle mode until the system is fully booted into Windows.

Also, AS5 is no longer the super-duper best thermal compound it was a couple of years ago. It's more in the middle of the pack now. It takes too long to cure and is also electrically conductive.
Temps will be higher in the BIOS. This is normal.

The CPU cannot enter low-power idle mode until the system is fully booted into Windows.

Also, AS5 is no longer the super-duper best thermal compound it was a couple of years ago. It's more in the middle of the pack now. It takes too long to cure and is also electrically conductive.

Solution

animal

Distinguished

I have three cases to choose from (have them all) 1, Cooler Master HAF X nVIDIA edition 2. Cooler Master Storm Scout 3. Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

I want to put it in the HAF X, but it's in a lime green and black motif, whereas the two others are in a red and black scheme. The fans on the hsf are red w/red leds...so i'm tempted to go with the Enforcer, but may build with the HAF X since it would probably cool better and I could always change the hsf fans later.

I just looked at the Enforcer for the first time, and I think it's a nice case. I have the HAF 912 (with six Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fans), and it looks pretty similar. While I do like the side window, I don't like that it sacrifices the side fan for that.

Between those three, I'd choose the HAF X despite the clashing colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.