Solved

Probe II claims -60 C motherboard temperature

Hi guys! I've got an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherboard with an i5-2500k and a rosewill challenger case. It has good airflow and for the two days I've had this (homebuilt) system it's always had cool air coming out.

Tonight I got a little popup warning in the bottom-right corner of my desktop saying something about the motherboard and -60 degrees Celsius. It went away before I could really read it but I went into AI Suite II and found this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/mobowth.png/

I'm concerned and very confused. I live in Hawaii and right now it's about 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit, so there's no freaking way the motherboard could be -60 degrees Celsius.. You think it really means (+)60 degrees Celsius? If so, that's really messed up, but is that a dangerous temp for a motherboard? I think I remember reading that was around the limit for most.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be very thankful. As a last note, even though the screenshot lists the Chassis fans at 0 rpm, the 3 case fans are running perfectly and quietly. Am I right to assume that "Chassis fan 1" and "Chassis fan 2" are the extra spots on the motherboard where I could plug in additional fans?

Thanks for your time :)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about probe claims motherboard temperature
  1. Don't worry about that, it was probably just a fluke, but use this handy program to verify the results with HWMonitor.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

2. Best answer
    If mobo was 60C, everything would be really hot and u would know about that.

U can let this program run all the time and check the MAX temps, as it will show u the hottest temps.
  3. Thank you so much! I think it was a fluke too.. when I turned on my computer just now both my CPU and motherboard temps were at about 30 degrees Celsius. I guess the sensor just malfunctioned or something! I'll get that program right now. I've already got CPU-Z, but I hadn't heard of the monitor! Thanks for your advice. :)
  4. It happens a lot, probably to everyone, no one notices or pay attention to it : )

My SSD is @ 1°C, well it cant be lower than ambient temp inside of the case : )
  5. Best answer selected by laurezard.
  6. Thanx for the vote : ) Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Temperature