Sign in with
Your question

5870 issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2010 1:59:07 PM

Hello Toms I been having issues with my system I put in a new Corsair 850hx a month ago, and when I did I fried all my 12v components (mobo,2 5870's) Got psu warranty, and xfx replaced my gpus. I just watercooled my 2 gpu's and they fried again. :cry:  (they were working before the waterblock install) Built several systems and have not have issues like this. I pulled everything out and went over every inch of cables to see if there is a short, and nothing. I am at a loss any ideas??

More about : 5870 issues

November 28, 2010 3:37:33 PM

There's no specific issues with HD5870's frying after a waterblock install. Are you sure you've been installing them right? It's not the 5870's fault if it was working just fine before the block.
November 28, 2010 3:47:16 PM

shadow187 said:
There's no specific issues with HD5870's frying after a waterblock install. Are you sure you've been installing them right? It's not the 5870's fault if it was working just fine before the block.

Hey shadow ive figured out its not the cards fault, Just cant figure out why or how I am frying them. I wore gloves and had the cards on anti static bag. used all the standoffs, and thermal pads.
!