Asus Sabertooth P67 issues

pyoverdin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
After years of waiting for the opportunity to build a High-End PC, I finally jumped the gun. Being located currently in Saudia Arabia wasn't going to stop me, so I purchased the system via Superbiiz, which ships internationally through UPS.

Core i5-2500K, 800W Corsair PSU, 16GB DDR3-1600 Super Talent, Sapphire Radeon 6950 and...Sabertooth P67.

After purchasing the monitor, plugging it in and trying to boot, All I got was a black screen and a long beep followed by 3 short beeps. Opened the case, sure enough, the one of the 6-pin to the VGA was loose, slotted it in.

Now there is no beep, and only the Red VGA Light. After corresponding with the Superbiiz assembly guy, who I quote: 'The system worked flawlessly' before shipping, I am more than a little outraged. It seems to me this was their opportunity to get rid of defective parts and profit, knowing I wouldn't be able to annoy them with any RMAs.

What should I do?

pyoverdin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
I've tried everything...but to no avail. I've waited a long time, watching Core, Nehalem go by and finally bought Sandy Bridge. The cruelest thing is that the problem arose as soon as I tried to first boot it. I admit, it has been a soul crushing experience...

I really don't know what to do. Shipping it back will only produce more strain on my thin wallet. I spent as much as my budget permitted.

What really hurts is how the Superbiiz employee said it worked flawlessly, lying flat out, and shipping it. They even denied me a Dual BIOS 6950, and I accepted the non-ref 6950.

Contact ASUS directly from what i understand they've had alot of issues the Sabertooth.
Lots of people on this forum have reported problems with that particular board and gpu's.
Most have replaced it with a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 which is a good board.

Remove all cards, modules, cables etc and re-seat ... something cuda came loose during shipping.

Clear CMOS and leave unplugged for 20 minutes.

I have had no issues w/Sabertooth boards, nor heard of anything outside the SATA defect on original boards.

G

The problem is due to your motherboard as well as GPU.The same problem is happen with me when i bought my rampage 3 extreme and 5870.Same VGA red light glows and nothing goes ahead.So i replaced my both board and gpu and problem is fixed.