Asus Sabertooth P67 issues

After years of waiting for the opportunity to build a High-End PC, I finally jumped the gun. Being located currently in Saudia Arabia wasn't going to stop me, so I purchased the system via Superbiiz, which ships internationally through UPS.

Core i5-2500K, 800W Corsair PSU, 16GB DDR3-1600 Super Talent, Sapphire Radeon 6950 and...Sabertooth P67.

After purchasing the monitor, plugging it in and trying to boot, All I got was a black screen and a long beep followed by 3 short beeps. Opened the case, sure enough, the one of the 6-pin to the VGA was loose, slotted it in.

Now there is no beep, and only the Red VGA Light. After corresponding with the Superbiiz assembly guy, who I quote: 'The system worked flawlessly' before shipping, I am more than a little outraged. It seems to me this was their opportunity to get rid of defective parts and profit, knowing I wouldn't be able to annoy them with any RMAs.

What should I do?
6 answers Last reply
More about asus sabertooth issues
  1. Troubleshoot... if that is out of the question then bite the bullet and ship back for RMA.
  2. well i would recommend checking out this check list and see if one of these steps solves your issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

Hope this helps and welcome to Tom's hardware :)
  3. I've tried everything...but to no avail. I've waited a long time, watching Core, Nehalem go by and finally bought Sandy Bridge. The cruelest thing is that the problem arose as soon as I tried to first boot it. I admit, it has been a soul crushing experience...

I really don't know what to do. Shipping it back will only produce more strain on my thin wallet. I spent as much as my budget permitted.

What really hurts is how the Superbiiz employee said it worked flawlessly, lying flat out, and shipping it. They even denied me a Dual BIOS 6950, and I accepted the non-ref 6950.
  4. Contact ASUS directly from what i understand they've had alot of issues the Sabertooth.
    Lots of people on this forum have reported problems with that particular board and gpu's.
    Most have replaced it with a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 which is a good board.
  5. Remove all cards, modules, cables etc and re-seat ... something cuda came loose during shipping.

Clear CMOS and leave unplugged for 20 minutes.

I have had no issues w/Sabertooth boards, nor heard of anything outside the SATA defect on original boards.
  6. The problem is due to your motherboard as well as GPU.The same problem is happen with me when i bought my rampage 3 extreme and 5870.Same VGA red light glows and nothing goes ahead.So i replaced my both board and gpu and problem is fixed.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Sabertooth