Sound card lag with video

AzureFlameXIII

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Hi
I have a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard with a Realtek ALC888 onboard chip.
I updated the drivers to what i think is the most recent update (realtek hd audio 2.59)

My problem is this. Even though i have updated the chip and set the quality of the audio to the lowest it can go, it still seems to lag.
it happens with Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2, Portal 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, used to for Just Cause 2 but ended up being synced when i got my new GPU.

My System specs:
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
4GB Ram
XFX Ati HD 5850

Well, when you have an analog output from once device, and digital from another, some lag between the two can happen. Doesn't happen often though in modern PC's...

Just for kicks, to eliminate the most likely culprit, for one of the affected games, reduce settings to bare minimum and see if that helps. [I'm trying to rule out the E8400 being overworked]

AzureFlameXIII

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I tried turning the resolution and graphics down to the lowest and still nothing.
I also tried going to INTEL and running the update driver utility but it does not recognize it so i don't know if it's the current driver or not

AzureFlameXIII

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
No it's not the speakers. i have use a 5.1 speakers, headphones, and 4.1 speakers.
all sound the same.

In games the speech is cut out and the back ground noises are delayed.
if a huge tower collapses, two seconds later the sound is heard. (this happens with all games that i have trouble with)
and the speech problem is this:
when a character has a lot of dialogue it cuts of at a certain point. it seems fixed (time wise i think). if some one speaks over that time limit it gets cut off and the next line is said.

mist303

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012

I know this is 4 years later, but I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?