Sign in with
Your question

laptop-running-high-temps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
November 28, 2010 6:22:36 PM

MY COMP KEEPS CRASHING WHEN PLAYING GAMES. IVE JUST HAD A NEW MOTHERBOARD FITTED AND EVERYTHING ELSE RUNS VERY WELL BUT AFTER A FEW MINS IT CRASHING WHILST PLAYING GAMES. IAM NOT THE MOST TECHNICAL PERSON WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS BUT I FOUND A PROGRAM CALLED EVGA PRECISION THAT SAID I COULD SPEED UP MY FAN WHICH EVERYONE SEEMS TO THING IT IS BUT IT DOESNT LET ME MOVE THE SPEED. DONT KNOW WHY, ON THIS EVGA IT SAYS MY GPU IS 108C IS THIS HIGH? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS
November 28, 2010 6:31:37 PM

That card is getting way to hot. 108c is past the safe point. With laptop you have to make sure the vents are clear and you are not covering them by putting anything in front of the vents. Also, not sure if your able to take your laptop apart, but the fans inside my need cleaned, Canned Air may help. There are also cooling pads out there to help keep the temperature down. Making sure you have the correct and updated driver for your video card will also help. Could be a driver issue since the board is new.
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2010 6:58:05 PM

I think he has a PC, not a laptop.
Try downloading the latest BIOS drivers, reinstalling graphics card and chipset drivers. If the problem persists, it might be a faulty motherboard, get a replacement.
November 28, 2010 7:20:47 PM

Yeah Its sounds like he did but the title had laptop so I went with that. Does everything else run hot as well? I hope your case isn't solid metal block with no vents but then all your parts would be baking.
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2010 7:24:06 PM

Like in a microwave :D 
a c 271 U Graphics card
November 28, 2010 9:39:09 PM

@OP, turn your caps lock off please.
!