virgo question

What is the effect of the host option: virgo's burn at start of game ?

I simmed one game with this setting and did not find the virgo damaged in
turn 1...

The virgo can only fly at a top speed of 50lys (and no lightspeed) for
the first 15(?) turns. And it gets some damage every turn.
But you can still tow it with your sagittarius for example.

A question to the folks out there:

In a game I switched the virgo's 12 starting ftl-engines for I25s as the
virgo was towed and later travelling at lightspeed.

Now my question: Does lightspeed work if you have *no* engines?

MCD schrieb:
> What is the effect of the host option: virgo's burn at start of game ?
>
> I simmed one game with this setting and did not find the virgo damaged in
> turn 1...

Far as I remember, the 'burning' effect actually doesn't work the first
few turns. Anyway, you can tow the damned Virgo with your starting
ships, so the speed limit is of no effect anyway. With exception of
lightspeed.

Sparrow

And that is the aim: To switch off LS in early game, as CoM otherwise
easily could overrun many other races.

Sparrow

I assume it does, but as soon as your Virgo races off with speed 400,
it will most likely end up in a spot where there is no towing ship. So
from there on you would need to use LS until you are back home again.

I do however see situations where a Virgo with no engines may be handy.
;-)