Programming Laptop

dannya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Looking to purchase a laptop for programming purposes. read below for some details.

Approximate Purchase Date: By February 9th.

System Type: Laptop

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $2000.00 USD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Programming Using Visual Studio 2010 & 2008, IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, MSSQL Server. A lot of these tools will be running simultaniously

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: HP, Dell, Newegg, Tiger Direct, AVA, and any other custom laptop site.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Intel Sandy Bridge Processor

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: don't know what this is

Memory: At least 8gigs but the option to go to 16

Monitor Resolution: Full HD (at least 1920x1080)

Additional Comments:
I'm not too hung up on looks but I'd love a good looking case. I love my MacBook Pro but the performance is just not there and
I don't feel like coughing $4000 to get it there. I'd like to run at least 2 hard drives (1 SSD and the other a high performing HD). I'd like to keep the screen
size between 15 and 16 inches. Memory up to 16gigs but at least 8 gigs.

Thanks in advanced,

Danny A.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
This general (base) specification should provide a general guideline as a nominal solution ... tho ... you would need to add drives ... external ??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157488

With ANY notebook, there is over an 80% chance that you will require repairs, at some point, in the first three years ...

... DO get a three year (on-site replcmnt) service contract and REGISTER your system, IMMEDIATELY ... keep all your proofs and paperwork on file ... BOTH at homeAND at work.

... Keep ALL your important work and project configuration files on an EXTERNAL DRIVE !!!