No video on custom build; but no RAM either

So, I am going out of town for a week tomorrow, and my RAM didn't show up when I expected it to. Not that big of an issue, but I wanted to test my build before I left.

Antec 1200 case
AMD Phenom II X6 (1090T)
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe mobo
Rosewill Bronze 1000w PSU

So its only had RAM in it once, and that is when I had the mobo tested before I sent in the MIR. It worked then. Anyway, I got a graphics card from a friend: an AT Radeon 9250 for PCI. Its an old piece of junk, but I figured it'd do for testing. Only problem is... it didn't work. All of the fans (except for on the GPU) powered up with LEDs. I tested the GPU in another computer and it does work, so I am a bit worried, as I figure I should see BIOS or something.

What I figure it could be: lack of RAM or that the default for video is set to the PCI-E X16 ports instead of just plain ol' PCI. I am somewhat worried that it won't be working when I do put the RAM in when I get back, and return deadlines are coming up soon. Should I be worried? Thanks for your answers!
2 answers Last reply
More about video custom build either
  1. The system can not boot(not even the bios) without memory installed.

The best it can do is beep at you.

If a PCI card is installed and no PCI-E card is installed, it will boot and work once the memory is in.
  2. as stated before ze memory es essential to boot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt RAM Build Systems