Can't Load Driver For Tripp Lite USB-Serial Converter

After installing Tripp Lite USB-Serial Converter U209000R I attempt to install driver. Only to receive an error message that driver appears to be corrupt or missing (Code 39). The driver came straight from Tripp Lite. I downloaded it and extracted it and went through the proper process to load. I can say that I downloaded the latest driver available. Any ideas?
7 answers Last reply
More about load driver tripp lite serial converter
  1. Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Those converters doesn't work very well. Avoid problems and buy something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158148&cm_re=parallel_port-_-15-158-148-_-Product
  2. Thanks, but this is for my work laptop. Unfortunately I have to use a converter cable. Appreciate the offer.
  3. Oh, sorry for that.

I tried many USB-Serial and node works for me.
  4. ukkunryboy said:
    After installing Tripp Lite USB-Serial Converter U209000R I attempt to install driver. Only to receive an error message that driver appears to be corrupt or missing (Code 39). The driver came straight from Tripp Lite. I downloaded it and extracted it and went through the proper process to load. I can say that I downloaded the latest driver available. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, but only with WinXP. You can try change your system (with Win7 this adapter work quite good). Now, I try to solve this problem.
  5. try running the driver as admin
  6. Didn't see a solution here... or anywhere else. So I thought I would dig this up to say I figured it out!

Same issue... triplite u209-000-r would not work on windows 7 with the built in drivers. Tried what was on the triplite website... same thing.

Then I tried a machine running Windows 8.1 and it freakin works. checked and it's using the file below from 2009

ser2attr64.sys Provider: Tripp Lite File Version: 3.3.7.139 Copyright Copyright(C) Prolific Technology Inc.

So... I used powershell on the windows 8.1 machine to export all of my drivers to a thumb drive
    run powershell as admin and type: Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination y:\Drivers (or whatever your USB drive destination is)

Then I popped the drive into the win7 machine. Went into the device manager... selected the broken device. Update driver. and pointed it to y:\drivers\set2attr.inf_amd64_dfdc92blablabla

Driver found... installing... and we're in business. :)
    I checked uncle google and found that exact driver here. http://www.driverscape.com/files/share/e654202344f4c20f831784ab8241f2f7.zip
Ask a new question

Read More

Converter Error Message USB Components Product