Can't Load Driver For Tripp Lite USB-Serial Converter

ukkunryboy

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
After installing Tripp Lite USB-Serial Converter U209000R I attempt to install driver. Only to receive an error message that driver appears to be corrupt or missing (Code 39). The driver came straight from Tripp Lite. I downloaded it and extracted it and went through the proper process to load. I can say that I downloaded the latest driver available. Any ideas?

Rusich

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

I have the same problem, but only with WinXP. You can try change your system (with Win7 this adapter work quite good). Now, I try to solve this problem.

Ryan_275

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Didn't see a solution here... or anywhere else. So I thought I would dig this up to say I figured it out!

Same issue... triplite u209-000-r would not work on windows 7 with the built in drivers. Tried what was on the triplite website... same thing.

Then I tried a machine running Windows 8.1 and it freakin works. checked and it's using the file below from 2009

ser2attr64.sys Provider: Tripp Lite File Version: 3.3.7.139 Copyright Copyright(C) Prolific Technology Inc.

So... I used powershell on the windows 8.1 machine to export all of my drivers to a thumb drive
run powershell as admin and type: Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination y:\Drivers (or whatever your USB drive destination is)

Then I popped the drive into the win7 machine. Went into the device manager... selected the broken device. Update driver. and pointed it to y:\drivers\set2attr.inf_amd64_dfdc92blablabla

Driver found... installing... and we're in business. :)
I checked uncle google and found that exact driver here. http://www.driverscape.com/files/share/e654202344f4c20f831784ab8241f2f7.zip