Please rate this computer build for gaming need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

demetrius202

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hi all. I'm new to building my own computer but since its cheaper I wanted to give it a go. I've done some research, mainly checking compatibilities and which components I'd get the best bang for my buck. This all started after getting tired of the crazy lag whle playing world of warcraft (running in place for 5-10 mins during raids and pvping = fail) and after upgrading my old dell with no change in lag I've given up. Plus I'm playing more comp games anyway. Dont wanna spend a crapload because it'll take longer but I will buy a better component if it will add that much more performance.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 (will be OC'ing)
Mobo: ASUS P6X58D-E
GPU: Radeon HD 6850 1 GB x 2 (will be CFing since I already bought one to upgrade old comp)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 MHz (Kit with 3 2GB = 6 GB RAM)
PSU: Corsair AX850 (850 W)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Venoumous X
HD: Seagate 7200 750 gb (7200 rpm)
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full-tower case

Please let me know if you see any compatibility issues that I've missed (seriously doubt but I'm a newb), or any areas where a slight upgrade may make a huge performance difference. My biggest question was whether or not the cpu cooler will fit in the computer case. Thanks guys

Solution
Wait have you already got this build, if so then its ok.... like 8/10

The Seagate is good depending on the one. If it is the 7200.12 then its a pretty decent HDD. Don't get the Crucial SSDs WAY overpriced.

Get the Vertex 2 or wait for the Vertex 3 (SF-2000 controller with SATA III) Better than the C300 by a long shot and a better controller. The V2 loses to the C300 by a little bit in reads, but OWNS it in writes. (not OWNS but you get my drift)

As for if you havent bought it those parts are outdated and all those stuff are dirt cheap now (RAM, PSU etc etc).

http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore

Refer to that guide, PSU change it to the XFX 850 to save money.
Wait have you already got this build, if so then its ok.... like 8/10

The Seagate is good depending on the one. If it is the 7200.12 then its a pretty decent HDD. Don't get the Crucial SSDs WAY overpriced.

Get the Vertex 2 or wait for the Vertex 3 (SF-2000 controller with SATA III) Better than the C300 by a long shot and a better controller. The V2 loses to the C300 by a little bit in reads, but OWNS it in writes. (not OWNS but you get my drift)

As for if you havent bought it those parts are outdated and all those stuff are dirt cheap now (RAM, PSU etc etc).

http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore

Refer to that guide, PSU change it to the XFX 850 to save money.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.