Dual Monitor wont work on HP Pavillion tx2000

wheats45

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hello,

I have a second monitor connected to my laptop.

It has been detected and i am able to click to extend the desktop to it or clone it, but when i apply the settings the second monitor flickers for a couple of seconds with the desktop on it before it goes blank.

I cannot figure out how to fix this problem. I have ati radeon hd 3200 and have tried to set up the monitor through the catalyst control centre aswell as through the display properties in windows but neither will work.

Can anyone help me??

acer0169

Distinguished
Make sure refresh rates etc are all set correctly. I have an old 22" that decided around a year ago that it is a 59HTz monitor and not a 60HTz as it had been for 3-4 years before hand lol.

Make sure all settings are correct before trying to put them over your monitor.

I assume when you say a section monitor you mean a second screen; your laptop screen being the first one.

I use a program called "ultramon" for my second screen to get more control over wallpapers and taskbar settings, might be worth a look? Could help?

Can you get DRIVERS for your monitor?

I agree that you are likely trying to apply an incorrect setting. Drivers for monitors are simply a list of settings that the monitor can use.

Usually (always?) if the drivers for a monitor are correctly installed you can't accidentally force an incorrect setting.

If you still have problems, give us the model of your monitor.

*It's also possible that your laptop has a hardware or software problem. You would need to try hooking up to another monitor to confirm that is the case.