Sign in with
Your question

GTX 580

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2010 7:16:11 PM

Hi all,

My config is in my sig. But basically i have a 5970 which is an epic piece of equipment save only for ATI's rather hit and miss driver updates.

I was just wondering what people's experiences with the GTX 580 are? I was possibly thinking of getting two in SLI in replacement of the 5970.

Btw, before anyone talks about heat output, i have a good case and nigh-immaculate cable routing for optimum airflow, though i do appreciate your considerations.

Thanks very much.

More about : gtx 580

November 29, 2010 9:18:02 PM

Griffolion said:
Hi all,

My config is in my sig. But basically i have a 5970 which is an epic piece of equipment save only for ATI's rather hit and miss driver updates.

I was just wondering what people's experiences with the GTX 580 are? I was possibly thinking of getting two in SLI in replacement of the 5970.

Btw, before anyone talks about heat output, i have a good case and nigh-immaculate cable routing for optimum airflow, though i do appreciate your considerations.

Thanks very much.

wait 590 if you are not hurry to upgrade but like high end.
a c 263 U Graphics card
November 29, 2010 9:48:13 PM

Some thoughts:

1) I have been pleased with my change from a 5870 to a GTX580. That said, I am not really pushing it, but I thought it would do better for a 2560 x 1600 monitor.

2) What do you want to accomplish? If it is just to change to Nvidia, then a single GTX580 will be comparable.

3) SLI GTX580 may or may not do well with a 850w psu, even a good one. Do some googling there.

4) It might pay to wait to December. ATI is supposed to launch higher end cards, and Nvidia is supposed to be waiting to respond with a GTX595.
November 29, 2010 10:57:46 PM

+1 for geofelt, take his advice.
!