Help me finalize my build

opisthobranch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hi all, first post :D

I'm pretty sure this is the build I'm going with. I'm actually buying 2, one for me and one for the husband. This will be my first desktop in about 15 years, so I'm a bit unsure about a few bits and pieces. I've done lots of research, and decided to upgrade the PSU from the Xtremegear (ouch), so my budget is already stretched.
I will be using the Asus P8P67 to "auto-tune" OC the processor, as it seems some pretty phenomenal OC's can be had quite easily.
We mostly just play WoW, though we'll also be playing Portal 2 when it comes out. We have 23" 1080p monitors.

My question is about the cooling system. Is the Asetek worth it over some of the fan driven coolers? We'll have two PC's in the same room, so noise is a concern.

Are there any other suggestions you can make?
Thanks for your help :love:

Case: * Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display [+3] (Black Color)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [-110]
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: [CrossFireX] Asus P8P67 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, BT GO!, GbLAN, USB 3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI [+45]
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [-5] (Palit Sonic Platinum 800MHz Core Powered by NVIDIA [+18])
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
Power Supply Upgrade: * 700 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply [+78]
Hard Drive: 640GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-19] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+29]
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+10] (BLACK COLOR)
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

Jafisob

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

Single card and name brand GPU. Good. Keep it simple with this vendor and make all components name brand components. Don't skimp on the PSU.

Noise is always a concern in a new PC. Unfortunately, to move air and keep your PC cool you need fans. Go to Newegg and check out the reviews for each case available. youtube also has a lot of case reviews by professionals and they go over noise levels.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [-5] (Palit Sonic Platinum 800MHz Core Powered by NVIDIA [+18]) My understanding is that the GTX 560 is coming out next week. It runs cooler and is quieter than the 460. You have a concern about noise. Can you wait?

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) Liquid cooling sounds neat. However, you have to fill up the radiator every 6 months-year. It is kind of a pain and liquid cooling is usually not needed unless you are planning on overclocking.

Good luck with your new system!

Ymmv: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=42

asetek_zack

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

Hey there,

I just wanted to clarify that Asetek liquid cooling does not require refilling. It is a sealed system which means no maintance and no leaks. Take care!

-Zack (Asetek)

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

please email support@custompcandrepairs.com,

They can probably beat the price your going to pay by at least 200 all together and they are phenomenal. you wont be sorry.