Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can an integrated GPU and a discrete gpu crossfire

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Crossfire
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2010 11:29:20 AM

Hello, MOBO MSI 785gm-e51, integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 chipset diamond HD adeon 5550 discrete video card Can these crossfire?

More about : integrated gpu discrete gpu crossfire

November 30, 2010 11:33:15 AM

no, to crossfire you need two of the same gpus. eg. 5870 and 5870 or
5970 (dual 5870) and 5870... youd also have a hard time with the crossfire bridge, lol. short answer is no. please best answer me ;) 
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 30, 2010 11:45:57 AM

intel1502 said:
no, to crossfire you need two of the same gpus. eg. 5870 and 5870 or
5970 (dual 5870) and 5870... youd also have a hard time with the crossfire bridge, lol. short answer is no. please best answer me ;) 


Why best answer someone who is while not totally wrong is at least not exactly right ?

You can crossfire with the on board and a discrete card but unfortunately to the best of my knowledge not with a 5550.
here is teh official blurb on the subject. http://game.amd.com/it-it/crossfirex_hybrid.aspx


Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2010 12:20:43 PM

it need to be a low end card from the HD3xxx series (i think the 3450 is as good as you can use) as the onboard gpu's are all from that family of cards (despite their name)

and to clarify about intel1502's statement, they don't have to be the same gpu, just from the sam sub-family (ie 5850 + 5870 are both 58xx sub-family)

realistically, even if you could crossfire the onboard with a higher end discrete card like the 5550 the onboard would add such little performance that it wouldn't be worth it
m
0
l
December 1, 2010 5:35:53 AM

mindless728 said:
it need to be a low end card from the HD3xxx series (i think the 3450 is as good as you can use) as the onboard gpu's are all from that family of cards (despite their name)

and to clarify about intel1502's statement, they don't have to be the same gpu, just from the sam sub-family (ie 5850 + 5870 are both 58xx sub-family)

realistically, even if you could crossfire the onboard with a higher end discrete card like the 5550 the onboard would add such little performance that it wouldn't be worth it


+1.

PS: I was just simply stating if you wanted the most out of both cards you'd want the same gpu. JUST SAYIN! :kaola: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2010 12:37:12 PM

intel1502 said:
+1.

PS: I was just simply stating if you wanted the most out of both cards you'd want the same gpu. JUST SAYIN! :kaola: 


no, you meant that you should use the same gpu, but what you said is that they NEED to be the same

also the low end cards don't need the bridge as they will communicate through the pci-e slots
m
0
l
!