Sign in with
Your question

Mouse right-click malfunction

Last response: in Components
April 27, 2011 12:09:14 PM

Since recently, every time I click the right button of my mouse, the "click" is made 2 - 4 times on the computer. For exaple I'm playing a fps game and want to scope clicking the right button. Instead of opening the scope, the game acts as if i would tap the right button and opens and closes the scope 2 - 3 times, very fast.
I've been using this mouse for about 3 years now and never had any issues with it until now. It has not been dropped recently or anything which may have caused an internal error. I also noticed that when I'm on the desktop and click and hold the right mouse button the if I hold it for a longer time, the right-click-menu will come up as if I would make a click.

I've checked the drivers and windows tells me I've got the latest ones. I have this tab in mouse options named "SetPoint" but when I enter SetPoint the program only ltes my configure my keyboard (logitech).

Anyone know how to fix this?
April 27, 2011 1:11:35 PM

Take it apart and clean it.
April 27, 2011 6:34:37 PM

It had some dirt in it, but the malfunction isn't gone.
Related resources
April 27, 2011 6:36:35 PM

New mouse time man, New mouse....
Moto
April 27, 2011 6:46:21 PM

Alright, I forgot I had a newer model lying somewhere in my drawers, gonna trash this one.

Thanks for the tip Moto, lol.
April 28, 2011 7:21:29 AM

np, hope you got sorted ok with the new one?
Moto
April 28, 2011 5:10:03 PM

Yeah, the new one works just fine. They are both X7 mouses, although the new one is X-781F. I guess the old one had some kind of physical damage after all...
April 28, 2011 8:23:46 PM

well, glad the issues fixed as it were, happy gaming/surfing man :) 
Moto
!