Solved

Max 700$ Gaming Build with taxes

I'm building a gaming rig for maybe April. My max budget for now is 700$ with taxes, ordering from Canada. Sites to use : NCIX, Newegg, Tiger, Amazon.

I've got OS, Mouse, KB, Monitor, Speakers. Still wondering between AMD or Intel. i5 vs Phenom II x4 955 BE, or even wait for the new bulldozer AM3+ that should come out in april. Give me a few ideas of builds I could make.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build taxes
  1. you should get a new i3 which comes out next month, they game just as well as the i5 750 and the Phenom II x4 955, not to mention they will be less than $150.
  2. You mean the i3 SandyBridge?
  3. Best answer
    greenhold said:
    You mean the i3 SandyBridge?

correct.

From Tomshardware themselves.

"The Core i3-2000 processors won't be available for purchase until next month, and will cost an estimated $125 to $150. The one potentially exciting characteristic of these processors is that preliminary testing suggests they can stand toe-to-toe against AMD's fastest Phenom II X4 models and Intel's own Core i5-760 in gaming environments, despite their locked clocks."
  4. Best answer selected by greenhold.
  5. greenhold said:
    I'm building a gaming rig for maybe April. My max budget for now is 700$ with taxes, ordering from Canada. Sites to use : NCIX, Newegg, Tiger, Amazon.

I've got OS, Mouse, KB, Monitor, Speakers. Still wondering between AMD or Intel. i5 vs Phenom II x4 955 BE, or even wait for the new bulldozer AM3+ that should come out in april. Give me a few ideas of builds I could make.

13-2100
    8GB DDR3-1333
    500GB HDD
    Nvidia GTX 550ti
    600 watt psu
    NZXT source 210 chassis
    Gigabyte Z68 mobo
    plextor cd/dvd drive
    oem copy of windows -or- use linux

This is close to what maximum pc built for $700, and it games very well for it's price range. Hell save up after this and get an i5 later and still have a kickass build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems