Closed Solved

Need to select GPU for 3D max

Hello guys, i need help deciding wich video card is better for me, i use 3d max and photoshop for rendering large interior scenes, i'm not going to use it for gaming or anyting, so i wouldn't like to spend extra money for something i dont need, i just want the view ports to run smooth and increase the render speed as much as possible, my system is the asus p6x58d-e mobo with the core i7-950 and 6gb ram 1600,,, the options i've seen so far are:

Quadro FX 580 512MB

Evga or gigabyte: GeForce GTX 460 , 1280 mb
GeForce GTX 465, 1280 mb

if you think that i should consider other cards, or that i'm going to high for what i need please let me know. thank you.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need select
  1. Hmm... I would say the quadro, because those workstation cards have drivers built specifically for professional 3d (such as 3d max), but seeing as the 580 is such a weak card (32 cuda cores) vs the 460 (336 cuda cores), I'm not sure which is better.
  2. Best answer
    From my personal experience, weaker Quadro FX cards are just not worth the money. If you're spending about $200 on a Quadro FX for 3d work then you'd be better off getting a Geforce card. For that price range a GTX 460 or 465 will out perform a Quadro FX card in pretty much all scenarios.
  3. thanks guys, you have been very helpfull , i guess i'll go for the gtx 460 or 465.
  4. Best answer selected by glennis.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards 3D Graphics Product