Asrock p67 extreme4gen3 cant boot!!

Hi!! I build up new rig!Everything seems to be ok.All recognized in bios, but it just wont boot from dvd drive when dvd is set as 1 boot device and I can't install windows7.
I tried cd-with OS on another pc and it boots fine!!,hdd is also ok.
What might be the problem??
6 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme4gen3 boot
  1. ljevu said:
    Hi!! I build up new rig!Everything seems to be ok.All recognized in bios, but it just wont boot from dvd drive when dvd is set as 1 boot device and I can't install windows7.
    I tried cd-with OS on another pc and it boots fine!!,hdd is also ok.
    What might be the problem??


    i had same problem with my msi.
    it might help. Set first boot to hdd(always) and second one to optic drive.
  2. Hi!! I just try that but nothing,only get the
    "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
    massage!! Out of ideas!!
  3. ljevu said:
    Hi!! I just try that but nothing,only get the
    "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
    massage!! Out of ideas!!


    well, its the message that tells you your computer is clean from bootable device.
    is your optic drive "DATA Cable connected", my bro always forgot to connect it.
    when data cable is not connected you can see your optic drive but you cant use it. Check it.
  4. ileden said:
    well, its the message that tells you your computer is clean from bootable device.
    is your optic drive "DATA Cable connected", my bro always forgot to connect it.
    when data cable is not connected you can see your optic drive but you cant use it. Check it.


    I checked it, it is connected!!
  5. please list your hardware so people know what kind of computer you got.
    and im sleepy now ive to sleep.
    if it post there must be some wrong configuration in bios. in end a bios reset must set everything in its place.
  6. Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

    Cpu:Intel 2500K

    Ati 6950HD

    Mem: Kingston T1-1600Mhz,CL-9,8GX

    HDD;WD Caviar Black Sata3 500GB

    PSU: Corsair 750TX

    Case: Antec 900
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Boot ASrock