Closed Solved

Best OC capable Z68 Motherboard under $200

I've shortlisted 3:

GIGABYTE GA Z68X-UD3R (B3)
MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) [My current choice]
ASUS P8Z68V

Please suggest some other non-ASRock(not available in India, due to after sale service issues) Z68 board, that'd go well with a i5 2500K when overclocked to 4.2-4.6 GHz.

I'll list down the rest of the semi-finalized items for the rig as well, so that you can point out any known conflicts/bottlenecks.

MSI GTX 560TI Hawk (Would go for a SLI some point in time, so keep that in mind while suggesting the board, I will upgrade the PSU for that but not the board, later)
Seasonic S12II 620
Corsair 400R Carbide
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Corsair Low Profile 1600Hz (8 GB=4x2)

Plus, a suggestion on the HD 6950 2GB vs 560TI Hawk debate. (To me, 560 TI>HD 6950 even though I'd have less memory because I can go overclock crazy with it)
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best capable motherboard
  1. Best answer
    The Asus P8Z68V would be your best option since Asus boards are very user friendly for overclocking and have a lot of settingd for adjustments.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-card-radeon-geforce,3085-7.html

This chart shows the two cards are on the same level so it would be a choice of which one you like more and the extra vram only comes into play with multiple monitors.
  2. There is a Z68 board from Biostar that is cheap:
    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138319
  3. Best answer selected by chiragddude.
  4. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards