What is better 2.6 celeron or 2.6 pentium

Nate22

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
1:
i want to know what is better 2.6 celeron or 2.6 pentium?
i have both, some people say the celeron others say the pentium
i thought it was the celeron so i have the celeron in at the moment(in the better pc), then i put the pentium in a much slower pc, and it performed only a little bit slower than the celeron in the better pc?

2:
when does a pentium do better than a celeron?
at 3.0ghz
or 3.1ghz
or 2.9ghz
or what ????

thanks

Many different Pentiums and Celerons on the market through the years. To compare one to another is impossible without knowing the model number but in general if they are of the same generation the Pentium is the better CPU!

Nate22

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

i dont have the pentium cpu at the moment but i'll get it back next month, it is not new it is a pentium 4.
i can only find out next month

but the celeron i have here
but there is nothing more about the cpu on system properties (XP) where is the model number on XP. i only know where it is on win7.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
The simple reason Pentium was always considered better is because of a larger cache memory. Thus, faster processing. Both CPU's are quite shitty though, like comparing constipation to diarrhea - both are bad, but it's better than not crapping at all.

Nate22

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
i know they both suck, i was comparing the cpu in my 2nd pc to the cpu in my 3rd pc
my 1st pc is core 2 duo Extreem
and my 2nd pc is for finding out which windows files are vital and which arn't (by deleting them)

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
LOL you shouldn't mess with Windows files... But if your PC is dedicated to this, you're OK. Still, Pentium is the best. I still ran with a Pentium 4 3.0GHz CPU with Hyper Threading until only a couple of months ago. I had no trouble with it, other than LOOOOOOONG load times. I still played the new games though. :)

LMAO! Well stated!

rolli59 is correct! In addition, both products are technologically obsolete!

This will give you all the system information you will need http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

marney_5

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

Ha! I love the comparison!!!