Dual Monitor Issues

Hello all,

I am currently attempting to run dual monitors on my home-built computer. I have a GeForce 9500 GT with two DVI plugs. I am currently using a Samsung SyncMaster 2333 24" monitor as my primary display, and am attempting to use a Pavilion f1503 15" LCD with a VGA to DVI adapter as my secondary display. However, after setting up dual monitors, my Pavilion monitor is permanently in Power Saving mode. I have tried myriad ways of trying to fix this, but to no avail. The last thing I tried (setting the pavilion as my primary monitor) served to do nothing but move all of my desktop icons over to that screen and I can't seem to recover them.

The computer is recognizing the 2nd display, as my mouse will move over to it and I can drag windows onto it (and some of my missing desktop icons off of it), but it's asleep and I can't figure out why.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
5 answers Last reply
More about dual monitor issues
  1. Do you have yet another spare monitor to test with even if it is a cheap crt? Either it is a software issue or it is something more. To recover your lost icons ect. My computer, drive c, users, your account or namespace that you named your user account. Click on that then desktop, every thing that is supposed to be on your desktop will be in that folder icons and all.

I wouldn't be surprised that the issue is either with the driver or the monitor its self.
  2. I tried downloading the latest driver for the pavilion, but all HP had was utility software for windows 7 not driver updates. Could that be the issue?
  3. Only manually download the drivers for the 9500gt your self. I never liked the oems when it came to drivers as they are poorly coded making things worse. You need to focus on the nvidia drivers then let windows take care of the rest. I don't like win 7 <.< lipstick on a hog.
  4. Updated the drivers for the 9500gt but still no luck. I'm not even seeing the POST on the 2nd monitor (which I should be, right?) It's clearly recognizing the 2nd monitor and using it, the monitor itself is just in perpetual power-save mode and I can't figure out why.
  5. OK try it is a main monitor for a short time and toy around the with settings. Does it have a menu button and option keys on the physical monitor? If you are entirely unable to find a solution even when referring to the manual and looking else ware you may have little choice but to either use a single monitor or go find a different to use as a secondary. So in short you ruled out software without needing any help so look to the monitor to blame.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Dual Monitors Pavilion Monitors Graphics