ADATA 1600mhz ram running at 1333mhz

I have the MSI P67A-G43 (B3) motherboard and I bought ADATA Gaming Series 8Gig (1600mhz) ram along with it. I know the two are compatible but for some reason the ram still runs at 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz. I went into the bios and instead of "auto" I switched it to DDR3 - 1600 but still it runs at "667mhz". I even tried turning on XMP but still getting the same result when using auto and DDR3 - 1600. How can I get my motherboard to recognize the ram at 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz?
3 answers Last reply
More about adata 1600mhz running 1333mhz
  1. tried adjusting the right voltage?
  2. The ram said it needs 1.55 to 1.75, It was on auto in the bios but I set it to 1.65 since that seems to be normal. But it still isn't 1600mhz according to Control Center (MSI program) and CPU-Z
  3. I think the best thing that you could do to fix it is to contact its support service as they have qaulified personnel that can really help you get through it. I believe ADATA really has a wonderful products. I even have SandForce ADATA SSD for my own after I had read a review from http://www.solidstateharddrivereview.org and I can say that it is really quiet good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Motherboards