zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
So I just recently upgraded my old GT 9400 to a HD 5670 in anticipation for much better results, and better game-play for the games I do play. However, while I do see increased performance and graphical quality, it's only marginal. Any particular reason why? The fps increase has been very minimal.

I uninstalled my nvidia drivers, then plugged in my new card and installed the newest ati drivers for the card. Are there some setting I could tinker with to increase the performance? Or could it possibly be something other than my graphics card?

AMD Athlond Dual Core Processor 4050e 2.10ghz
400W PSU.

Thanks for your help.

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Emachines model ET1161-07
AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4050e 2.10Ghz
3.00gb ram
32 bit operating system

Mobo:
emachines model MCP61PM-GM 2.2
chipset nvidia MCP61
rev. A3

Sorry I'm unaware as to what is useful and not useful so I just tried to post all the info I see haha.

And no, I have not attempted to overclock my cpu.

adam_x_brookes

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
As it's a prebuilt computer I very much doubt that your motherboard will allow you to overclock your CPU, I agree with the post above that it should not be to much of a bottleneck, what resolution do you
Game at?

In short, an upgrade is probably your best option. A longer answer depends on your budget; just replacing your mobo and CPU as mosox suggests could also work, although eMachines is not known for using quality power supplies in their PCs, so you'd want to replace that too.

Not going to comment on the thread but will comment on drive cleaner. Many people say to use drive cleaner to clean nvidia drivers but forget to say ONLY nvidia drives associated with the video card. There may be other nvidia drivers in your system. Deleteing them may cause system instability..... or other.