GTS450SC in Dual SLI worth it?

I am building a new PC and found myself in a surprise situation. I had no expectation of being able to do SLI on my budget but found the GTS450SC 1GBDDR5 on sale for $60AR each and bought two for the price. I had already purchased the Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard based on other features I wanted not focusing on SLI functionality. After reading the SLI FAQs and searching around it looks like I could run both cards in a x16/x4 configuration on this board but the FAQ says this is the "worst" of the 3 SLI configurations. I am only a moderate gamer but am hoping to do some video editing of my new baby boy. Is it worth running the two GTS450SC cards in SLI? Will it make a worthwhile difference in terms of video and maybe CUDA using Badaboom? Or should I return the second card? All of the related postings I could find focused on strictly gaming performance, while I will play games this purchase is mostly for the video editing/transcoding I would like to be doing.

Other System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333Mhz 8GB
Corsair F60 SSD 60GB
3 answers Last reply
More about gts450sc dual worth
  1. I don't think your board is SLi capable mate.
  2. I agree with Mousemonkey. I'm not seeing your motherboard as supporting SLI. Just because it has multiple PCIe lanes does not automatically mean that it supports SLI. Here's the link to your specs:
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3517#ov
  3. Thanks, looks like I'll be taking one of those cards back. :-(
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Video Editing SLI Graphics