Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Who says Intel Is Better than Amd in Crossfire ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 28, 2011 5:43:14 PM

Hi

before i ask my Question , Check out this Site !

http://www.modreactor.com/english/Reviews/Test-ATI-HD-4...

I realy Dont know why many guys Still say , that if u wanna ATI Crossfire than Intel Platform is Better & Provides More FPS With Very little Bottleneck .

But AMD Sucks !

WHy ? Same Manufactory that Makes ATI VGA cards , it makes AMD CPUS too , so why Intel should be better for ATI ?

THAT Link , clearly Shows that phenom 955 BE or AMD Platform is better for ATI crossfire ! EVEN in CrysisWarhead which is Intel & Nvidia Optimized !

So what do u Think ?

More about : intel amd crossfire

a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 5:49:01 PM

cpu actually dont support cf its the chipset itself.
The cpu has little influence over CF abilities.
April 28, 2011 5:57:12 PM

nanoguy said:
Hi

before i ask my Question , Check out this Site !

http://www.modreactor.com/english/Reviews/Test-ATI-HD-4...

I realy Dont know why many guys Still say , that if u wanna ATI Crossfire than Intel Platform is Better & Provides More FPS With Very little Bottleneck .

But AMD Sucks !

WHy ? Same Manufactory that Makes ATI VGA cards , it makes AMD CPUS too , so why Intel should be better for ATI ?

THAT Link , clearly Shows that phenom 955 BE or AMD Platform is better for ATI crossfire ! EVEN in CrysisWarhead which is Intel & Nvidia Optimized !

So what do u Think ?


The new Intel cores are more efficient at processing data than the current AMD cores (which are all still based of a 7+ year old K8 core).
Now AMD CPU arent bad, not at all, its just the new Intel CPU are significantly faster at the same clock speed. The point that most people dont realize is that most modern GPUs handle a lot of the graphical work, that you dont need a top of the line CPU to run new games at high setting and high resolutions.

I run a Phenom II X4 (quad cores) OCed to 3.8 GHz, and my card can drive nearly any video card on market, save maybe the new dula GPU 6990s and the 590 GTX, and to a lesser degree, the 580GTX.

So I can pair up my CPU to something like a 6970 2GB and pretty much tear up any-game on my 1080p monitor. And in pure CPU terms, mines isnt top of the line by a long shot, more like mid range at best.

What I am trying to say is that you dont need a mosnter CPU to play the latest games at thier best, and than AMD quad cores still do just fine!
Related resources
April 28, 2011 8:39:40 PM

Have U checked UTubE ? there is Some faild Crossfire of 6870 with Phenom 955 BE & some are Succesfull ! why sometimes Crossfire Fails to Respond with Double Performance of single VGA card ! & everything still same ! No gain from Crossfire , WHY ?


OK 3 Questions !

1.Can Phenom 955 BE ( atStock Speed ) Easily Handle 6970 2GB ? or 1GB ?
2.Can Phenom 955 BE Easily Handle 6870 Crossfired ?
3.More than What Resolution there will be No Bottleneck from Phenom 955 BE+ Crossfired 6870 or Single 6970 ?

I am using 1440x900 & i wondered if I can Crossfire my 6870 with Phenom 955 BE With no Slow Down or Bottleneck ! If i wanna Do that How High Res i need ! I want No GPU Limitation too so dont Go so high On res , just tell me Best res that will give me Max FPs ! Thanks

a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 8:41:38 PM

nanoguy said:
Hi

before i ask my Question , Check out this Site !

http://www.modreactor.com/english/Reviews/Test-ATI-HD-4...

I realy Dont know why many guys Still say , that if u wanna ATI Crossfire than Intel Platform is Better & Provides More FPS With Very little Bottleneck .

But AMD Sucks !

WHy ? Same Manufactory that Makes ATI VGA cards , it makes AMD CPUS too , so why Intel should be better for ATI ?

THAT Link , clearly Shows that phenom 955 BE or AMD Platform is better for ATI crossfire ! EVEN in CrysisWarhead which is Intel & Nvidia Optimized !

So what do u Think ?


Many things can be mentioned here so I'll try not to forget anything but I likely will.

First of all there are many sites out there that show conflicting results but the overall theme is that when a Graphics card bottleneck becomes present the AMD Phenom II X4 machines tend to outpace the Intel Core i7 (s1366) machines in terms of Frames Per Second.

Unlike SandyBridge (or even to a lesser extent Lynnfield), Nehalem (Core i7 s1366) does not have the PCI-e controller on die (on the CPU itself) but rather it is found in the X58 IOH (In/Out Hub a.k.a, yet mistakenly as, the "Northbridge"). This may not sound like much of a problem until you realize that this requires the PCI-e bus to interface with the QPi link (QPi or Quick Path Interconnect which links the X58 IOH to the CPU) even though both interfaces are not compatible.

Intel have since been able to sidestep this problem by incorporating the PCI-e controller on the die of their newer CPUs but this was not the case with Nehalem.

In order to get PCI-e Data to pass through the QPi Link in order to get to the CPU... Intel engineered a workaround in the X58 IOH which would allow for the data to be "tunneled" or "force through as is" but this process adds latency and this latency shows itself whenever a GPU bottleneck is present. You can view the patent for this here: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7210000/description.h...

That's a partial explanation.
April 28, 2011 8:42:25 PM

According to What u said , Phenom 955 BE it self can Easily Handle All SIngle VGA cards & Mid Range Crossfired Cards EASILY !Right ?

Or we need i7 or Sandybridge to Handle Them easily ? Because As I always say ATI+AMD & nvidia+Intel ! so AMD can do better with ATI !
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 8:44:15 PM

nanoguy said:
According to What u said , Phenom 955 BE it self can Easily Handle All SIngle VGA cards & Mid Range Crossfired Cards EASILY !Right ?

Or we need i7 or Sandybridge to Handle Them easily ? Because As I always say ATI+AMD & nvidia+Intel ! so AMD can do better with ATI !

No no no
April 28, 2011 8:47:00 PM

No no no is answer of Which Question?
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 8:56:05 PM

nanoguy said:
According to What u said , Phenom 955 BE it self can Easily Handle All SIngle VGA cards & Mid Range Crossfired Cards EASILY !Right ?

Or we need i7 or Sandybridge to Handle Them easily ? Because As I always say ATI+AMD & nvidia+Intel ! so AMD can do better with ATI !


A Phenom II X4 955 could handle mid-ranged CrossfireX Cards and High End Single Cards quite easily yes.

No... AMD does not to better with ATi.

Best Configuration for Optimal Gaming performance with an AMD Graphics card is to couple it with an Intel Sandy Bridge Platform (as we speak currently).
Best Configuration for Optimal Gaming performance with an nVIDIA Graphics card is to couple it with an Intel Sandy Bridge Platform (as we speak currently).

So ATi (AMD) + Intel and nVIDIA + Intel.
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 8:58:28 PM

ElMoIsEviL said:
A Phenom II X4 955 could handle mid-ranged CrossfireX Cards and High End Single Cards quite easily yes.

No... AMD does not to better with ATi.

Best Configuration for Optimal Gaming performance with an AMD Graphics card is to couple it with an Intel Sandy Bridge Platform (as we speak currently).
Best Configuration for Optimal Gaming performance with an nVIDIA Graphics card is to couple it with an Intel Sandy Bridge Platform (as we speak currently).

So ATi (AMD) + Intel and nVIDIA + Intel.

I disagree.I think the 6990 quad fire could also see very little performance difference between the sandy bridge and amd.
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 9:01:43 PM

Even though CrossFire and SLI have been with us for five-odd years already, we found the performance and functionality of multi-GPU configurations from both AMD and NVIDIA to be heavily driver-dependent even today. We are dedicating more than half a page to bugs and possible fixes with multi-GPU setups - not quite the kind of support we'd have expected from the two discrete graphics giants who have made no less than six generations of multi-GPU products over the years

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/2-way-and-3-way-amd-crossfi...
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 9:08:23 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
I disagree.I think the 6990 quad fire could also see very little performance difference between the sandy bridge and amd.

I would disagree based on preliminary results. A QuadFire 6990 setup gains a huge increase in performance from using a Core i7 920 to Core i7-2600K http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-26...

Given the rather large differences with Single cards are semi-high resolutions... two 6990s at 1920x1200 or higher should benefit greatly from an increase in CPU performance from Nehalem to Sandybridge.

Having said that it goes without saying that there ought to be quite a large difference between an AMD Phenom II X4/6 and Sandybridge in terms of FPS with two 6990s in CrossfireX.
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2011 9:43:05 PM

I agree, even OC'd to 4ghz, no AMD cpu can keep up with two high end video cards.
April 28, 2011 11:01:02 PM

nanoguy said:
Have U checked UTubE ? there is Some faild Crossfire of 6870 with Phenom 955 BE & some are Succesfull ! why sometimes Crossfire Fails to Respond with Double Performance of single VGA card ! & everything still same ! No gain from Crossfire , WHY ?


OK 3 Questions !

1.Can Phenom 955 BE ( atStock Speed ) Easily Handle 6970 2GB ? or 1GB ?
2.Can Phenom 955 BE Easily Handle 6870 Crossfired ?
3.More than What Resolution there will be No Bottleneck from Phenom 955 BE+ Crossfired 6870 or Single 6970 ?

I am using 1440x900 & i wondered if I can Crossfire my 6870 with Phenom 955 BE With no Slow Down or Bottleneck ! If i wanna Do that How High Res i need ! I want No GPU Limitation too so dont Go so high On res , just tell me Best res that will give me Max FPs ! Thanks



XFire and SLI don't kick in until 1920x1080.
April 29, 2011 11:36:58 AM

Let me say something , I saw Crossfired 6870 with Phenomm 955 BE or i7 But Both Get slow when 1920x1080 steps in , i asked Why , & some Told me its Because 1920x1080 is to High res .

If i wanna Play crysis at 60 Fps ! with Crossfired 6870 + Pheno 955 Be , then What res do i need to Play that game with Minimal Bottleneck & Smoothly !

I am currently Using 1440x900 But many Told me Dont Crossfire because U will Get huge Bottleneck & u wont reach to 60 Fps in Crysis !

& second Queston : Counter Strike 3.) ( source ) ran at 75 FPS on my Previous 9600 Gt 1GB , & it Runs same on my 6870 ! why ? i expected to see it runs alleast 100 Fps !

I see no slow donw But Fps Still same ! both ran it at 75s FPS ! Its Bottleneck or Something that Holds my VGA back ?
!