Tecra 8200 - help

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
March 11, 2005 11:15:01 PM

Hi everyone,
I have Toshiba Tecra 8200. I've problem with memory. Can I mix PC-100 and
PC-133 memory in this system?

Thanks for any tips.

Tom

More about : tecra 8200

July 7, 2011 6:36:36 PM

No Tom! If you want to upgrade to 512MB you will need a (1GB "Kit.)" Kingston 512x2 @144 pin sodimm PC100 memory sticks SDRAM. **If you attempt to install one or even two "wrong" memory mod's...it will be FSB incompatable(Front Side Bios) and the system will be "Backward Compatable."
Your system will notify you..."REMOVE INCOMPATABLE MEMORY MODULE"...in Slot A or B or Both...and then...it will not reboot and lock up.Believe me, I did it and am still awaiting my correct memory sticks to correct the problem this exact issue.So please be advised...check it out FIrst! Michael.
!