First of all happy new year!. I am thinking for getting a new cpu. I was debating between the I7-2600K and I5-2500k. I ended up choosing the I5. Anyway, This computer I have right now was bought from Hp about 2 years ago and I updated the power supply to 600w and also the video card to a GTX 560 TI.
This is the copy/paste from computer description of HP as bought without the video card and pw I replaced.
HP Pavilion Elite e9200z PC
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Athlon(TM) X4 620 quad-core processor [2.6GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MT/s bus]
• FREE UPGRADE! 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB
• FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
• 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]
• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
• Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio
• No TV Tuner
• Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports
• No speakers
• HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 15 month
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
I know I have to update the mobo to get this new cpu but what I wanted to keep everything else the same. I wanted to know which mobo would be best for me also keep in mind I have a budget of about $450 to spend on both mobo + cpu and possibly a new pc case cause this one is getting kind of small. What would you guys recommend so I can keep my ram, my hardrives etc.