Monitor Resolution: SAMSUNG 2333T High Glossy Black 23" 8ms Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DCR 50,000:1 (CR 4,000:1)
Additional Comments: I would like my machine to be quiet as it can be without paying a ton extra to make it so. I think I have a good start here. I want to have some USB 3.0 along with an HDMI out so I like the looks of the Asus board, assuming it works with this case and the PS works with this case. This would be a total of $557. I need help figuring out if anything here seems wrong/unnecessary. I assume a pre-built could not touch this price w/ these specs?
1) Your not overclocking, you don't need an i5 2500K. Get the 2500 and save some cash.
2) Don't get the WD Black's, they're expensive and not worth their cost. Get the Samsung F3 1TB. So check em out on my site or at newegg. 60$. 30$ less than the WD Black for practically the same perf.
1) GPU, There is two options here, you could get a 6850 or a GTS 450 and be fine since I see no major gaming but I guess sim games would need some better graphics. But..... Another option which makes you not need to get a dedicated card (as it seems like you don't need it) you could pick up an H67 board instead and use the APU on the 2500 which is pretty decent and allow quick sync in the future if you ever need it.
2) PSU you could get this one. Really GREAT! Deal. I suggest getting this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
3) Case, any is fine. I like the Antec 300's but the HAF 922 is ok too. The Cooler Master Scout is decent as well.
I already have the Caviar Black and I want to have some USB 3.0 along with an HDMI out so I like the looks of the Asus board, assuming it works with this case and the PS works with this case. This would be a total of $557. Not bad.