Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • GPUs
  • Drivers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 1, 2010 9:23:46 PM

yup quick question i just got my asus ares and installed the drivers it came with and i went into CCC and it shows there being 1 graphics card is this correct since the asus ares is only 1 pcb? or should it read 2 temps/ whatevers since its 2 gpu's ????

also do i need any other drivers after i have installed the ones on the disc it came with? i only installed the DRIVERs that were on the disc no utility or anything else that was on it

More about : gpu ccc hwmoniter asus ares

December 2, 2010 2:37:59 AM

okay im been haveing some *** all problems with stuff that i think has stopped for some reason when i installed ati drivers 10.10 the ares overclocked itself to 900core clock and 1225 mem clock (strangely the same as my previous matrix 5870) but bad company 2 (i dont think) wont recodnize both gpus and im getting the same damn fps i usually got with my old card and again CCC wont tell me that there is 2 gpus do i need to download a crossfire driver? and or uninstall the current driver? im becoming very frustrated and stressing myself out since i paid so much money for this card to only to the same as my old im incredibly tired right now if someone could reply with some helpfull information i would greatly appreiciat it.

please excuse my constant grammar as im not in a clear state of mind right now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 2, 2010 3:16:56 AM

I made a similar mistake of leaving traces of the old driver acound when switching cards, even to another AMD card. The old OC profile stuck around, so I imagine other garbage could too.

So, uninstall the AMD driver completely then use driversweeper or driver cleaner (whichever is free) to remove all traces and a registry cleaner after that. Then try reinstalling the newest drivers from AMD's website. Your new Ares could be defective, though we might as well clean up the software first before considering that.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 2, 2010 3:18:02 AM

And you might want to take a break and sleep. Computer troubleshooting and sleep deprivation never go well together :D 
m
l
December 2, 2010 1:11:55 PM

EXT64 said:
I made a similar mistake of leaving traces of the old driver acound when switching cards, even to another AMD card. The old OC profile stuck around, so I imagine other garbage could too.

So, uninstall the AMD driver completely then use driversweeper or driver cleaner (whichever is free) to remove all traces and a registry cleaner after that. Then try reinstalling the newest drivers from AMD's website. Your new Ares could be defective, though we might as well clean up the software first before considering that.

well i did do a driver sweeper before i guess i could do it again (assuming thats not what was giving me problem???) should i downclock my ares to its stock setting before doing this?(its stock is 850core 1200mem) also did/will this strange auto over clock hurt my card? its idling at about 40C with the fan at 80% and around 55-58 when stressing it out on bad company

m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 3, 2010 1:24:54 AM

Something is still being "remembered" though. After using driver sweeper (and disabling the OC), try a registry cleaner such as CCleaner.
m
l
December 3, 2010 11:32:01 PM

EXT64 said:
Something is still being "remembered" though. After using driver sweeper (and disabling the OC), try a registry cleaner such as CCleaner.

yeah i did that and went ahead and tried the drivers that were on the disc got a much better fps in all games now than on 10.10 drivers but im still concerned about both gpus not running heres a pic of CCC

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also there is no option to enable crossfire,but i do have the option on the tray icon to add a little crossfireX status icon and quote "show CrossfireX status icon where applicable"
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 4, 2010 2:28:37 AM

I found this in aanother forum. Worth a try if you haven't checked device manager already. Could be part of the "leftover traces".

Quote:
It was as if the drivers were not recognized and none of them were installed. I looked in device manager and under display adapters there were four 5900 series, which is fine, but three of them had a yellow triangle with a black ! in the middle and one was disabled. So, I enabled the one that was disabled, restarted, and guess what...the drivers magically came back AND I WAS IN CROSSFIRE!!!
m
l
December 4, 2010 2:14:18 PM

EXT64 said:
I found this in aanother forum. Worth a try if you haven't checked device manager already. Could be part of the "leftover traces".

Quote:
It was as if the drivers were not recognized and none of them were installed. I looked in device manager and under display adapters there were four 5900 series, which is fine, but three of them had a yellow triangle with a black ! in the middle and one was disabled. So, I enabled the one that was disabled, restarted, and guess what...the drivers magically came back AND I WAS IN CROSSFIRE!!!

okay thanks a bunch i went into device manager and display adapters and it saw both gpu's on the ares and are both working fine

but ive been confused for a while now, if i have 2 asus ares (4x gpu) what drivers do i install? do i just pop both cards in at once and the disc they come with will detect if i have 1 one or two?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 4, 2010 4:24:08 PM

Yes, the base drivers are all the same.

Would you happen to have a spare Hard drive around? It is nice to be able to try a fully clean install without messing with your current too much. It could still be a driver or hardware issue at this point.

Also, what is the make and power rating of your PSU?
m
l
December 4, 2010 5:16:04 PM

EXT64 said:
Yes, the base drivers are all the same.

Would you happen to have a spare Hard drive around? It is nice to be able to try a fully clean install without messing with your current too much. It could still be a driver or hardware issue at this point.

Also, what is the make and power rating of your PSU?

i have had an antec 850w for long time now but i plan on getting there "king of psu's" 1200w when i get the other ares
m
l
January 20, 2011 11:19:56 AM

i have a compelte new build and i am having the same issue, only one GPU is working.
m
l