Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a decent build.

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2011 12:11:21 AM

Hi people. I've got a Emachine right now, so I can't do much with it. I'm not a huge gamer, but would still like to mess around at some point. For now, I'd like something that's relatively fast, and could be upgraded in the future, when more funds are available. I've never been one to care about anything too flashy, but I'd like it to be decent looking, at least.

Right now I could afford just over $300. Yes, that isn't much I know. But again, it doesn't have to be crazy, just something I can upgrade. Don't want anything where , for example, the gpu is integrated.

I've been looking around, and found this: http://www.directron.com/holidaysystem2.html?gsear=1

It allows you to upgrade the gpu, so any help on that, or even suggestions on other builds with what I am looking for.

I've already got a Windows 7 Ultimate disc, so that's not an issue.

Any help at all would be nice. I'd like something that is very dependable, and this Emachine is just, eh. I have also found some systems that are pre-built, but the price is out of my range. Sure, I could save a bit but I'm sick of waiting lol. When ever I think I've the money to get a new toy, I end up using it for a bill which is late or something, but now I've got all bills caught up and need a new machine.

Thanks, and I hope this was posted in the proper section. Sorry if not.

More about : decent build

January 31, 2011 1:46:51 AM

That's not a terrible pc. I would say go for it if that's all you can afford.. The direct tron looks ok.
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2011 2:05:08 AM

thank you very much for the reply, christop. i hate to sound too noobish here, but, in regards to the direct tron... could you possibly tell me if the gpu is upgradable? or if i should switch any of the parts?

man, i hate being so new to this. must be frustrating for those of you who are gods of the whole pc world... thing.

again, thanks!
m
l
!