Computer won't post with Video Card/New Power Supply

Mechanix2

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hello,
Wasn't sure where this post should go but

I currently had to replace my PSU(Old one was shot) and ever since it's been replaced my computer won't run with the Video Card in the Mobo. It starts up, fans run insanely fast, and there's absolutely no post. The light on the Mobo comes on, everything runs I'm just not getting any signal on the monitor. And it just sits there like this for a good 10-30 seconds then will shut itself off and repeat itself again, But when I take out my video card everything runs just fine.(Usually =P)

Any thoughts on what the issue is?

System Specs.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7636
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3000MB RAM
Page File: 1618MB used, 4377MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Video Card is currently nVIDIA GTS 250.
Power Supply is currently a Thermaltake TR2-500 Watt

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Mechanix2

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
I setup a new Motherboard and everything ran fine. The only problem I had was that Windows wasn't wanting to load for some reasom..but I'm sure that's a SATA cable in the wrong slot ect. The power supply runs fine when the video card is not plugged in. When it is plugged in everything's hooked up correctly, the PC will turn on, but will not post no beep no nothing. Just has the fans running insanely fast then will shut itself off after a few seconds and keep repeating.

The problem is..The video card worked fine before the power supply was changed.

And I'ce called Thermaltake a few minutes ago...I've never dealth with such horrible Customer Service in my life...call them to talk about my issue and all they can do is send me an e-mail on how to RMA....I can go look on your website and look up that info idiot...I didn't spend 10 minutes on hold to hear that, lol.

But oh well. I'm just not sure what steps need to be taken at this point anymore...This CPU has me stressed out =/

How do you know there's no post if you can't get a signal to the monitor??

Your post is confusing. Are you saying you THINK the computer is running normally, your just not getting video to the monitor?

Did you plug in the 6pin power cable to the video card?

Mechanix2

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
A computer can't be running normally if you hit the power button everything turns on, runs for a few seconds then immediately shuts off and repeats this cycle. Therefore it doesn't post, am i right? =P

And yes, I plugged the 6 pin connector into the 8 pin, adapter then plugged the 8-pin into the video card itself.